Scheduled (automated) messaging glitch

Answered!
Stacey169
Level 2
Covington, LA

Scheduled (automated) messaging glitch

Is anyone else having trouble with the new automated messaging feature? I have four listings and set up automated messaging for each of them weeks ago. Each listing has an automated check out instruction message that is set to send at 7pm the night before the guest's checkout. However, I started getting frustrated because a handful of recent guests were not following any of the checkout instructions I provide. When I went to look back at the messages sent to these guests, I find that the checkout message never sent! So I started doing a little digging and looked into the automated messages set to send to future guests over the next month. SOME of them have the checkout instructions message scheduled; others do not. There is no rhyme or reason to the omissions that I can find. I have had multiple calls with Airbnb but no one has been able to help me. In fact...the last representative I spoke with this morning said she is a host herself and this is happening as well to her! But she had no answers. She suggested that I delete all my automated messages and reenter them. I did that (took a LONG TIME) but the problem persists. Now Airbnb tells me just to post about it on the "Feedback" page. I did that...but I don't expect to hear anything back personally.

I was so excited when Airbnb finally added this feature for hosts. What a blessing! (And way overdue!) But if the messages are not reliable, then the service is more trouble than it's worth. Anyone have any suggestions? 

Stacey

1 Best Answer

@Merridee0 I’ve had similar problems like everyone else.

My check-out instructions which were automated and worked no longer did. 
I tried everything and even deleted and re-created the message but nothing worked.

I finally just figured the problem!

Under “Manage Scheduled Messages”, click in the problematic message that’s no longer going out automatically.

Scroll down until you find “Listings” ( underneath the box where you can write/create your message. The word “edit” is across from it)

Click on “listings “ and all your listings will show. Click the check mark for the listing you want your template to be applied to and voila!!!

When you go back to “Manage Scheduled Messages” , check the template and underneath its name, you should see the scheduled  day and time and how many listings this applies to.

I knew something didn’t make sense because it used to work. Unfortunately, even ABB reps may not know

View Best Answer in original post

30 Replies 30
Zach-And-Emily1
Level 2
Columbus, OH

I think I figured this out for the 1 day/same day scheduled message error.

I ran into this issue a handful of times and just tested a couple different approaches. Previously, I sent out the "check out" instructions the day before checkout at 10 pm. This has worked well and gives everyone plenty of heads up on expectations for the following day. For some odd reason, the automated/scheduled system won't allow this to go out for 1 day bookings and will "auto skip" without notifying you.

So what I did was I changed that message to go out the same day as check out and scheduled it for 12 am. Basically midnight the day before checkout. Now all automated messages appear to be working as expected and my future bookings don't have the "auto skip" indicator.

Hoping Airbnb can fix this as I feel like it is a much better experience for guests/hosts if an automated  checkout message can go out the evening before (7-10 pm timeframe) without any problems.

Best of luck!