Understanding Availability ?!?!

Alexander1460
Level 2
Walnut Creek, CA

Understanding Availability ?!?!

Question! Airbnb has been no help when I reached out.
I have my availability window set to 6 months. In February, I noticed that no days in July had opened up... But July and August should have already become available to book. When digging in I noticed that by default, all days in the future were set to 'blocked' instead of 'unavailable', as the picture shows. This is a bug right? For all of you, if you look a year from now, are dates 'blocked' or 'unavailable'? Future dates should be 'unavailable' by default not 'blocked'. Again, I have my availability window set to 6 months.
It makes me have to go in and manually change the dates from 'blocked' to 'unavailable'. If I dont do this, the date won't open up automatically when in comes into my 6 month window.
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 5.07.04 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 5.09.04 PM.png
9 Replies 9
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Alexander1460   I hope that this was a temporary bug and things are better for you.

My setting is 12 months out.  My calendar shows a date that is 12 months from today as "Unavailable", not blocked.

Unfortunately it hasn't been fixed on my end. I need to go in manually to change dates from blocked to unavailable. 

I'm wondering if it happened when I synced it to my PMS or pricing software or something? It seems weird.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Alexander1460 ,

I am also forwarding your concern to the technical team if they can look into it. Thank you for sharing the issue in detail and appropriate screenshots. It is helpful.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Alexander1460 
I would suggest that you contact your supplier of the PMS. It's probably a setting there that causes the problem.
U use smoobu as PMS, and settings in smoobu override Airbnb. As it should.

@Alexander1460 
@Bhumika 

@Lorna170 

In my PMS (Smoobu) I have this setting:
Relative daysbe bookable for (x) days starting from tomorrow.
Fixed Date: opens all days to be bookable from tomorrow until a cut-off date of your choice.

I use relative days and I have set it to 720 days. 
After this 720 days Airbnb says "blocked"
When using relative days every day a day in the future gets unblocked.

If I would use "fixed date" I would have to change the setting every day.

Maybe your PMS has the same feature

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Alexander1460 ,

I did reach out to the technical team regarding this and got to know that this is not a bug.

When the dates are manually blocked they will not automatically open, as a result, the changes have to be made on individual dates and return those to the "unavailable by availability window".

Under availability settings, there is also an option to set all future dates unavailable by default but that will block all the future dates.

I hope this helps you consider the best option for yourself.

-----

Hi! Thank you. But I did not manually ‘block’ future dates. They are already all blocked. I had to go in and manually change them from ‘blocked’ to ‘unavailable’   

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

I see @Alexander1460, as @Bob297 suggested below, did you also reach out to your PMS software service regarding this? Let us know if there is any other piece of information from their side.

-----

To better understand it, if you look at your Airbnb calendar 1 year, 2 years or far out in the future, your dates will say ‘unavailable’. Mine are ‘blocked’. 
i did send my PMS support a message so I’m waiting to hear back. 
thank you!