Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Rachel228
Level 1
Higher Kinnerton, United Kingdom

just to say we're having the same issue, we've uploaded the driving licence multiple times and all the website does is redirect to a page where it asks you to re-verify but then doesn't provide any input to allow you to do this. Also, my wife (whose account this is) doesn't use linked in or face book and has a hotmail (not gmail) account so is probably completely unable to complete the second verification requirement even if the site did actually work and accept her driving licence. I just don't know how this site actually has any users give that it's next to impossible to actually complete a booking and there is zero support (and no, redirecting me to the online "help" doesn't count as support, thanks)

j.c.griffiths

Mel36
Level 1
Cambridge, MA

Utter nightmare using this site. I've spent over an hour trying to book a one night stay. I will avoid airbnb wherever possible.

Christina158
Level 1
New York, NY

Hello, I am having issue with verfying my id. I am booking for an orlando stay. Everytime i link it to my google its saying it has been unsuccessful. Please help. 

Andrew284
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

I posted a video but I don't know if it has been 'submitted' for verification.  There's no button to do this, it's just sitting there while the clock runs down on my booking...

I too have the exact problem. Created a verification video,  but its just sitting there. Help! Need to book accomodation before tomorrow morning! WTF Airbnb??

Roy29
Level 1
Chichester, United Kingdom

And me too. Uploaded drivers licence as government id, profile photo, profile details and connected to facebook (which I wasn't really happy about) and it said "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification".  So I've recorded and submitted a video which airbnb were supposed to check "in a few hours" but unfortunately they have not and there seems to be no way of contacting them to do so. Maybe they will get around to it on Monday or maybe not. I woke up to a notification that they have cancelled the booking because of non verification... ...which is waiting on them!!! Its a USELESS way to run a business frankly.  From the forums it appears that this is a common problem. Airbnb need to sort themselves out if they are going to offer a viable alternatives to the established alternative channels for holiday bookings.

Monika63
Level 1
Schiphol, Netherlands

Hi,

I'm not able to upload anything on the Verify your ID page.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks,

Monika

Peter378
Level 1
Scotts Head, Australia

Did anyone get a response to this as we are having the same problem. Booked a place in Florence, no problems. Tried to book a place in Rome and it said I needed more verification. I made the short video, saved it and then waited the two hours it is supposed to take for Air BnB to check it. Nothing has happened and we have had three cancellations. SOmebody at AIR BnB has to help or my computer and Air BnB are both going out the window. Very frustrating and a complete waste of endless hours ( I'm sure everyone's time)

Peter.

Ellie28
Level 1
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Please help spmeone, I cannot complete booking and verification due to not being able to upload a photo of my id. How do i do this??? Thanks so much! Ellie 🙂

Stefano180
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Provided all info (photos of drivers license, linked my linkedin) but verification page is stuck loading. Been waiting 2 hours and pages says 1 to 2 minutes. I am running out of time to book the place I'm interested in. Please resolve this issue.

Tasha10
Level 1
Ontario, Canada

I have tried 3 different IDs and 2 different peoples ID's and still wont verify now my family vacation cant be booked and this website has maked me so frustrated im in tears! its been almost 4 hour of trying to get verified to book and ive been hold with your support team for about an hour. I am very mad and I will be telling people to never use this website.

Harriet11
Level 1
Epsom, United Kingdom

I've been having similar problems with air bnb for the past year. First it wouldn't accept my British passport as ID. The solution? I found that Air Bnb is not the only website with holiday accommodation so I used another company for my 6 week holiday to the states. 

Just tried to use air bnb again. It now accepts my ID but won't accept the facebook account I've used for over 10 years. "Not enough activity". I think it is because I wouldn't allow it access to my friends list. Is this a scam? Why do you need Facebook to book a holiday? Surely money and ID should be enough? I think the solution will be to look elsewhere and use one of the other millions of websites that offer holiday accommodation without all this hassle. 

Hello,

I would also like to know how to get past this. I already provided my Facebook but it says that my activity is not enough. I don't use Gmail or Linkedin. Please help me with this, I need to book my room...

I initially got a rejection of verification because I did not have enough activity on my Linkedin account.  Therefore, I did upload a picture and more info on myself to that account, but it will not allow me to retry LINKEDIN.  I am not on google or facebook.  I thought about trying to delete my account with airbnb, which I'm not sure how to do, and then retry; however I did notice that others seemed to be having similar issues when I looked at the community dialogue.  Do you have any tips for me. 

Carolina162
Level 1
Wiesbaden, Germany

having the same exact problem as tracy, even uploaded a video now but nothing happening, any help ?