Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
JoAnn33
Level 1
New Haven, CT

Yes I had the same thing happen today. I have been getting unverified requests which I think are from bogus accounts. Idecided to require verification and it then prompted me to be verified, fine. So I uploaded my government ID  and it wouldn't confirm that it was recieved and prompted me to do it again, so I did . .then it REQUIRED me to sign in through another conduit Facebook, LI or Google . . . which I would rather not do, but did with Facebook, canceled the friends access and it refused the verification . . . went ahead and did the Google and it still hasn't worked . . .Now I am certain that anyone of them would have worked if I gave it time and just refused . . . it appears to be a process to get as much information about your connections as possible, rahter than just verifying. I will not submit to a linkedin sign in, I will juyst cancel my account and go elsewhere to book. 

Lisa570
Level 1
Kings Beach, CA

Absolutely no response from AirBNB with verification issues.   Appauling service.

Will be closing my account today.

Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.