Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Bartlomiej1
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

'Are you still have trouble with this' -> sums up your service 

I am trying to book accomodation on air B&B.  I am a first time user and I want to use my facebook account, but the system keeps asking for my governemtn id.  I am not comfortable providing this.  Thank you

Hello @Lizzie

I see to be having the exact same problem @Tracy1 and @Susan39 reported.

When connecting to Facebook I unchecked some of the options Airbnb can access. Now after trying to verify my ID (final step) by linking to Facebook I got back the message "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification." I don't have a LinkedIn account and I only use my Google account for email. How can this be resolved? Is there a way to give Airbnb access to the rest of the Facebook info?

Thank you in advance, I hope you can help me sort this out so I can verify my ID.

Luís

Ryall0
Level 2
Stellenbosch, South Africa

I am also having this same issue. how can I resolve it? I need to book a place!!!!! this is very frustrating and I have wasted half a day to get this working but still no luck!

Trudy6
Level 1
Prince Rupert, Canada

urgent....trying to book for July 5th.  I too have the same problem.  same message around facebook.  It takes me to making a video, which I've done but then there's no link to continue to booking.  Drivers licence, msp number, facebook, and a video??  Did anyone get this sorted out?  I'd like to stay at this place because it's saving me from a hotel. 

your not alone. air bnb system sucks.

we are trying to book but AIR BNB has a terrible booking service. i need to upload a photo but air bnb wont let me. i have written to them to complain that i am trying to make a booking. i would never use air bnb for my house. what else can you suggest? the host for the room is going to miss out all because air bnb wants to use your profile and information for more customers. download their app and you get no end to their contact.

Mavis5
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

I tried for weeks in March tried again for hours over the last week got people on phone spent hours with them and I jus do not seem to have modern enough cell phone tablet or lap top that will get my ID clear enough to go through to Airbnb and I am now arriving in the Martimes with no accommodations and nearly half a year of frustration there has to be an easier way it is after all the 21st century what happened to a simple email address we as customers can access. 

Susan562
Level 1
Ashland, OR

I also uploaded my facebook photo and did a video and still was not verified. I was asked to give my gmail and linked in contacts which I think is a violation of my privacy as well as my many friends. Apparently, I cannot reserve a very nice home even though I am willing to pay $1700 even after jumping through many hoops with Airbnb. 

Here here, I agree!

Their verification process is ridiculous.  I gave up and am going back to VRBO.

Michelle476
Level 1
Portland, Australia

Hi too have been very frustrated about being able to finish the verification process, despite uploading my ID document  despite being pre-approved by my airbnb host.  Is this airbnb thing legit or is it a scam?

Michelle

Claire313
Level 1
Pontotoc, MS

I am having the same problem.  I have talke with two different Airbnb customer service agents.  Both have promised to call me back.  Neither has.

Owen18
Level 2
United States

AirBnB ID verification process is without a doubt the worst piece of technology I have come across in a VERY long time. What should have been a very simple booking took over 2 hours and at least 10 attempts at getting the ridiculous verification and payment process completed. I will not be using AirBnB again.

I have not had to go through the tortuous ID verification process before. At first it required me to provide a photo of an official document - I have a scanner on my computer but no camera, and my mobile phone has no online connectivity where I live.

So I scanned my document and emailed it to my ipad as this was the only way I could get it onto a device that could take a picture (the second step in the process). After 4 attempts and four failures because the photos could not be verified, I abandoned that process and took my mobile (cell) phone to a place where I had internet access (a 15 min drive). There I tried to the same thing with a photo and a selfie.

This had the same problem. So then I downloaded the AirBnB App onto the phone and tried to use that. I had not taken my passport/drivers licence with me at the time so another 15 min drive back to get them, and take photos and another selfie.

The passport did not work at all and the instructions to use the ePassport functionality were unclear and ambiguous. So I used a drivers licence, the lining up was tricky and the first attempt read wrong dates and stated the licence had expired - tried again and this time managed to finally get the photo and selfie to finally be accepted.

The next step was payment and I successfully accessed via Paypal login and processed the payment until I hit another error stating there was a mismatch with currency?????!!!! So I was forced to go through the process again this time with a credit card and after 2.5 hours and a very frustrating time I finally got my booking processed.

I am a reasonably tech savvy person, and understand the need for security and ID verification for hosts, however this total abomination that AirBnb are using for this process needs some serious review and simplification, it is clunky completely non-user friendly and anyone without my resolve and determination to complete the process would have given up.

Owen18
Level 2
United States

In addition to my frustrations with the ID verification process, I have to question the safety of my data.

Providing a drivers licence/passport details online for all AirBnB users is an open invitation for hackers. Bigger companies than AirBnB have been compromised - Yahoo for example.

Scott206
Level 1
Medford, OR

I am trying to get my verification done for this week. Why have I spent five hours trying to take pics with no success? This is an iPad Pro!