Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Anthony217
Level 1
Kellyville, OK

I have a similar issue when it says I need to verify my id and I did it says "congratulations, you're verified" and my request has been sent. But when I go back to the reservation it says I still need to verify my id. I've been doing the same thing for about 20 mins already.

I also have the smae issue.

I verified my account over two years ago.  When I log in it says I'm verified.

However, when I went to book a property, it says we need to verify your account.  So I re-verified with Facebook, Google and Linked In and my govnt ID and it says, I'm verified - but when I try to accept a booking it still says I need to verify!

Very frustrating system.  I contected support via email and they were worse than useless - simply replying with "canned" messages saying - here's how to verify.

One support lady even called me and said "no you don't need to verify, you're already verified - just log in and it will be fine".  But of course it wasn't fine and after 2 days of trying to get this sorted, I am closing my account with Air bnb and I will use alternative methods.

Total waste of my time.

Sol

Zoaya0
Level 1
Kellyville, OK

Hi

i can't get my government ID to scan! I'm trying to book a place

zoaya

Lonnie1
Level 1
Chipinge, Zimbabwe

I have been trying to get verification for the past 4.5 hrs and systems says, 'verification complete, complete your booking'  Once I make reservation, enter all credit card info, it says, 'sorry, please reenter your ID again'   It's a risky business for customer and homeowner, but if it takes sending my passport info plus my John Hancock, we are getting closer to the 666 era everyday.  Airbnb, you will losing customers by asking for too much and two by frustrating those who are willing to take the risk of providing IDs

Jenny246
Level 1
Stroud, OK

My wife has a profile and we are trying to book a room. we keep being told that we have to take a photo of her id and it does not take it using the arbnb app. It is extremly frustrating to us all. We can not move beyond this point to book the room so we are just stuck. The owner is being very nice about it but we are all frustrated.

Jenn20
Level 1
Arlington, VA

The screen that appears to take a pic of my license is blurry and won't take the picture to facilitate the verification process. What should I do differently? I've tried to change the ambient light and background color to no avail. Thanks. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jenn20,

Great to meet you.

Just an off-the-wall thought, is there a possibilty that the camera lens has a mark on it and this is why it is blury or is it displaying fine when using it for other things? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Torrencia0
Level 1
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago

I verified my account, but I still can't book. I continue to get error messages about my account not being authorised.

Alan149
Level 1
Shenley, United Kingdom

Booked a home in Los Angeles back in Jan 2017 with no problem. They unfortunately cancelled on me. Offered via email the chance to rebook, with I did. That 2nd booking I thought was for the home, but the host stated it was for one bedroom, therefore had to cancel that booking myself. The 2nd booking was again booked without the photo verification 

so found another home which fitted our needs, everything going fine until I was asked for his photo ID.... What a joke.. Have tried 15/16 times, even downloaded the Airbnb app to try and make it work.

Ok, it's my iPad, it's old, I'll use my lovely uptodate iPhone, nah, same problem.

if I lose this 3rd booking I'll revert to booking.com and never use Airbnb again.

anyone have the the knowledge to get round this 

Piers5
Level 1
Saltford, United Kingdom

I spent an hour trying to get it to accept my id on my mac.  Then tried my son's windows computer and it worked first time with the same id file. Is there a problem with accepting files from macs?

Martinus0
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Hi I'm at the government photo of drivers licence on iPad and there is no action button to allow photo of DL. Help!!!

Dawn123
Level 1
Laurens, NY

I am having issues trying to scan my ID - cannot get off page 1 of 2 - don't understand why - I've been at it for a couple hours now!  Help!!!!

The whole things nuts- 3 times it made me rephotograph front and back of drivers licence and close up of face- 9 photos later and over an hour of just trying to book overnight accomm!! it wants me to do it a fourth time!!!extremely frustrating and all emails are automated so no real person to fix it-

Add my case. AirB&B keeps asking for my verification photo to be sent from my phone, but when I open the message I get the app but no link to a camera to take the picture or use a previous shot. What's up? And, what's worse, there is no way to get further information unless one of you kind people can give me ethe information.

Seán0
Level 1
Nottingham, United Kingdom

This week for the first time ever I've been asked to provide ID verification in order to book accommodation . I get to a step 2, allow access to my camera, take a photo of my driving license and the I cannot resume.  This happens for both iphone and ipad.  I originally provided id years ago so I'm at a loss as to why I'm being asked for it.

Anyway I tried my Apple MacBook and I was able to book without being asked for id.  The thing is I won't always have this MacBook with me and I'm stuck on this ID requirement.  Can anyone help please.