Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257
Booi0
Level 2
West Java, Indonesia

I already cancel 2 bookings because airbnb haven't verify my ID yet till the bookings time is over, what's going on? why it took so long to verify? once more, i don't have facebook and linkedin.

When i post that message i book a place that only have 5hrs left to confirm, and i can't do anything because airbnb didn't verify my ID till the times up.

Please help me, this is so frustrating, and i need to book a place as soon as possible. Thanks!

Hi Booi,

Do you know how to cancel booking which shows Verification Cancelled?

I booked two properties but both of them shows verification cancelled.

This is getting frustrating.

Thanks,

Dharmendra

My driver's licence is sufficiently scratched that the image matching fails.  No FaceBook account.  Back to bookings.com!

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Hello @David1201 how come you can't do what millions can but then manage to find your way onto this thread. 

Robert554
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Don't be rude; why you think defending a company's slightly buggy technology is a part of "travelling the world" is beyond me, but these forums are to help people, not to be an *bleep* to them.

Alison353
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have also been trying to make a booking and have got as far as clicking the 'Confirm' button, but then Airbnb want me to take a photo of myself to match with my ID and it's not working. 😞 

Can only assume that your facial recognition technology is not up to scratch - that or the fact that it's 11pm and I'm sitting here on the sofa in low light with hair that looks like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards due to a combination of bike helmet and a hard day in the garden! But I can assure you that I'm me! 

Could it be that I didn't smile on my ID photo, but I'm smiling now? Or vice versa? Or that the orginal ID photo has a watermark on it (for security) which I'm never going to be able to recreate in the photo I take with my webcam? 

I have been using Airbnb since 2011 and my husband and I were hosts ourselves for a time. You hold a verified ID for me, but try as I might, I cannot get these photos to match for some reason. 

Anyway, this is is proving to be incredibly frustrating and is taking away any enjoyment there might have been in planning a holiday. And making me think that I need to not be using Airbnb anymore, sadly. Please help! 

Rahul12
Level 1
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

Hello Lizzie,

I have tries to varify my ID and it claimed it to be scussessful, but it keeps asking for varification again. I also got an email saying that I had 4 hours left to verify. I have  3 and half hours left now since i got the mail 5:45 am. I have also been billed  via Credit card. What do I do ?

Regards,

Rahul

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

@Rahul12

Try : 

- clean browser history

- or open a new private window

- or use a new browser

This usually makes it all easier to use airbnb website - including updating your profile. 

complete joke spent over an hour trying to do this with numerous photos have now cancelled it as a result

Im having a problem with my card i uploaded a statment and its been 5hours and airbnb are still checking it and i need it asap cuz once im out of my hometown i wount be able to use any of my online payments services some bank rules and safty nothing more so how long will it take for airbnb to verify my bank statement so i can use my card 😭I need to book asap cuz my flight is today!😭😭😭😭😭

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Serenity2

I'm really sorry to hear about this!

Have you tried @Lizzie0's recommendation to have a look into our Community Guide on how to contact Airbnb? 

Please let me know how you get on. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi

i keep trying to snan my government Id and it wont let me

zoaya

I cant scan my passport on my app

Hi, Am using an Android Nexus 6 running 6.0.1 

I have your app and when I go to verify my passport, there is NO button to press to snap photo. The little template/window just comes up. What can I do?! I do not understand why it is so difficult. Air bnb is on the verge of ruining my holiday in the Czech Republic! 

I did upload a picture of my ID and I tried several times to make a video for verification. That doesn't work at all... Frustrating. I wood like to book asap and I'm losing chances. What can be done? Am I not beuatiful enough? Is my non native speaker accent a problem?

In the end this will keep me away from Airbnb 😞