Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257

I have been trying to book a number of cottages for my wedding next summer, but it seems that my inquiries aren't being allowed because my verification isn't complete... it's been "verifying" for weeks now. Is this normal? I have added all of my social account, my ID, updated my credit card info...I'm not sure what else to do and I'm feeling very frustered with Air Bnb bookings. Can anyone help?

Same issue. My facebook link was rejected because of inactivity and therefore I did a short video as my only other option. I could see that it was complete but there was no place to click to submit it or to see if it had actually been received and was being verified. Very poor procedure. I want to get on with this. Surely the software gurus at Airbnb can design a better interactive utility.

I am having the same issue and can not verify. I have tried over 4 times including trying to verify via facebook , doing the online clip and uploading ID documents .I cant complete the reservation. I did not have this issue with our last reservation made last month.  I have been charged twice and recieved a notice that there will be a refund but it takes time. 

Any suggestions please

Daniel587
Level 1
Massachusetts, United States

Hi @Lizzie, I am trying to book a place in Florence tonight but I keep going in circles with the verification process. My profile says I am verified with a government ID and number but when I go to book the site says that I need to verify more. I enter my cell number and put in the code that I recieve. The site will accept it at first but then when I go to check my booking it says that it is still pending because further verification is needed. I have run into this problem before a few times and do not know what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated, I need to book somewhere to stay soon. Thank you!

Dan

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Daniel587,

Nice to meet you. Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with verification. I would suggest at this late stage, to contact the Support Team as they can take a look into your account as see if there is a reason why you are experiencing this additional prompt. 

Here is a useful Community Guide on the different ways to contact the team, including phone numbers. 

I wish you a lovely stay in Florence, it is a city I would love to visit and have heard wonderful things so have a great time.

Let me know how you get on if you can.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie 

Hello, 

I have a pending trip reservation which is pending because of verification of my ID. (i uploaded photos of my driving licence via mobile app yesterday)

When I check my verification in the airbnb application, it says I am successfully verified.

When I click it through this email it either doesnt show anything and is stuck, or shows me a verify me button (when I click it, it says is shouldn't take more than a minute or two but actually keeps loading forever and never finishes).

Please let me me know asap what is the issue.

I have used my debit card to pay for the trip  and it makes me nervous that ot ia still not accepted because ofsome silly verify me button.

could you help?
Thanks
Katerina

Hello @Lizzie,

I'm having the same trouble: chose the Facebook verification route, unchecked a couple options, then received this message:

"We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification."

When I attempt to start the verification process over in hopes of uploading a pic of my Driver's License instead, that option has disappeared and I'm back to the "There's 1 Step Left" page with the above message, and Google or LinkedIn as options. Given that I use those sites less frequently than I do Facebook, that seems pointless...

Can you help?

Thanks,

Susan

hi Tracy, 

I was wondering if you could give me some advice. 

I havae a guest that is trying to book but Airbnbn has asked that she provide her passport details. She is unhappy to do this. 

Am I able to book guests without this govement verification requirement.

I am happy to book this guest. I have not had any problems with other guestsd booking having difficulty with this requirement.

Could you please let me know what I can do to help my guests.

Am I able to remove the requirment of govement photo verificatin.

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Gabe

I have guest trying to book dates with us but the system is waitng for verification. I'm happy to receive them. Is there any workaround on this. I don't want to lose this guest. Looking forward for an answer. Thanks.

Anatoly1
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Dear Lizzie,

I am trying to upload my ID driving license but it takes around 10min and nothing is happening. So I have to reload the page and go all over again with the same end result. What shall I do? Can I send you my driving license to some email you provide?

Thank you in advance.

Anthony **

I can't scan the ID on airbnb how do you do it? I haven't any facility to capture the scan.  I downloaded an app & I scanned the ID but don't know how to import it?

Hello,

I am from Jordan and i only get the option of adding a copy of my passport. Whenever i do so, it wont accept it and im losing hosting opportunities since it doesnt send me any request notifications. Please help me 

Mariam8
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

HELP! It is asking me to verify but then I can't upload my picture at all - should there be a step where I can upload?

Mariam8
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I click 'Verify Me' then 'Government ID' then nothing...

This verification process is the worst!!! I've been trying to verify for almost 2 hours. It either hangs when I get to "connect to Facebook", or insists that my Facebook password is wrong, when it is not. I clicked "forget password" so it would generate a new one, but then that opened up a host of new problems. Airbnb is now saying that it's not the right account. Whaaaaat.