Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257

Hi there,

the truth is: it's all about a google account! It would have been impossible for me to book if I hadn't created a google account and linked it to my airnbn account.  The claim that an authentification is needed (and done within 12 hours) is just a lie! I don't know why they are doing this, but I've proven it that they do. Must be some google policy or so.

Kristal3
Level 2
Hong Kong

Hi there,

I am encountering the same problem where even though I have added my ID, email and phone number for account verification, I am not able to make a booking nor view my messages. The error message says "temporarily unavailable until you complete the verification procedure." Could someone please help?

Thanks,

Kristal

Steven329
Level 2
Akron, OH

Why is it i cant book anything. my verification is complete but anytime i try to book something it says "you do not have permission to access this resource"

Mine is doing the same thing! I've done all the verifications, but I can't even send a message to a host.  I can't find anything in the "help" section about this either!

The site is corrupt maybe

Annie357
Level 2
Santa Fe, NM

Having same problem and have wasted hours trying to verify. They have had this problem for years and are not rectifying. Too bad Airbnb was a great concept but this glitch will cost them their reputation and a loss of clients.

Can someone help me. Airbnb has verified my drivers license, but will not verify photo taken on laptop. I cannot get to the page to retake it. I am sent to "great you're all set" press "continue" then I'm sent right back to a page to look at available homes. The "great..." page has a bar at the top that says listings will be limited until I finish the profile. BUT, I CANNOT DO IT.

I received an email stating that I should shut down and start up again, but I cannot even reply to that message., I keep getting sent to "great, youre all set" This website is the most FRIUSTRATING thing I've had to deal with in a long time.

why i'm not too please with the present airbn set up it has many flaws and is not secured as they say it is

Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Hello all,

Wow, I had no idea that so many people have commented on my post, and that this continues to be SUCH an issue, in varying forms. This explains why I still have a few potential guests ask me for advice on completing their profiles, or they tell me that they are encountering 'issues' with verification or making bookings.
I think Alexander's comment (^^) in January is correct, things work better with Google. I had major issues with making changes to my listing/calendar last year until I tried using Chrome (no Goggle account though) just for Airb stuff. Has anyone else tried this with success?
I still use Safari out of habit, and I have noticed recently that the search page has some new 'glitches', is very slow or just doesn't work at all some days. Time to try Chrome again.
I also have a lot of irritation with the mobile site, when trying to access via an email (booking) link. Constantly being asked for verification of who I am - very difficult when I am overseas and not using the number I have linked to my account, though now I see I can get an access code via email.

Cheers,
Tracy

***WELL INTERESTING - I was not able to post this comment using Safari - NO "Reply" 'button' to click on. I had to log in on Chrome and now I can post!! Guess that settles it. 

This is a good thread. I'm glad it exists and to know it's not just me having this unacceptable problem. I'm in Chrome, with Google, have a successful initial stay under my belt, and now can't even *request* a booking despite uploading the requisite photos and verifications.

That so many savvy users are having this problem is preposterous. Get it together, AirBnB. 

the verification process is very bad ! 

Sergii4
Level 1
Villejuif, France

STUPID AIRBNB, IT DOESN'T ACCEPT MY PASSPORT WITH THEIR AUTOMATIC **bleep**!! BOOKING IS CANCELED...

I'LL NEVER USE F** AIRBNB IN MY LIFE!!

Me too. Sorry Airbnb but this is over before we had a chance to start a relationship. This messy before the first date is a sign . See ya later......

Sume0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I have the same issue and it is very frustrating as i have been struggling for at least a few days now.

Hva eany one of you guys received a response on how to deal with this 

Sumé