Verification frustration

Answered!
Tracy1
Level 5
Bracebridge, Canada

Verification frustration

I attempted to complete my ID verification today, but could not finish the last step.

After submitting my driver licence photos, I tried to link my facebook account (I do not use gmail or linkedin), but when directed to the facebook page, I unchecked a few of the options (what airbnb can access) such as friends list. It only said that it required your public profile, which you can't uncheck anyway.

When I was redirected back to airbnb, I had a message saying "We're really sorry. There wasn't enough activity on your account for verification". ?? Anyone know why? I now can't go back to retry (and not uncheck any of those options), as it just keeps giving me that message. I tried logging out, then logging in with facebook, but I think it just logs me in with my saved password from the email login I signed up with.

It seems I am now stuck - I can't get verified?

1 Best Answer
Paula276
Level 2
Odessa, TX

I went to a different computer logged onto Airbnb and Facebook it let me finish the process with no problems.

View Best Answer in original post

257 Replies 257

Hey @Antonio

I’m having a same problem like you.

A verification white screen.

Could you suggest how to solve this issue.

thank you

Habtamu0
Level 1
Umeå, Sweden

hey guys 

i could not upload the back side of my identity card which is the second step. 

is there anyone who can help or give me tips on this? 

Jp21
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Same problem. I get this verification issue every time I want to book. Last time I lost bookings and airbnb customer service had to do the booking for me. Really bad experience to have to go through this again.

Brian329
Level 1
Pasig, Philippines

I having the same issue right now. The thing is, everytime i verify my account. Thus not allowing me to finalized bookings with the host. It still shows PENDING. My worry right now is that, upon checking my online banking, the amount was already deducted without having and confirmation and receipts from the host. This is happening because of the VERIFICATION ISSUE!! Can anyone help me out?!?! Pleasee!!! Me and the host are stuck with this issue.

Brian Lagandaon

Donna244
Level 1
Mellor, United Kingdom

I too am very frustrated... i have entered all necessary id, and the host has stated that my account verification is shiwing imcomplete. Tried all the help pages, have even tried to use the contact firm and no reply. Looks like my booking will probably be lost!!! 

If your profile picture on your AirBnB page is fuzzy then any attempts to become "verified" will be thwarted. Once your pic is clear then try thru full site (NOT mobile). You can call customer service in San Francisco. I was on phone for 45 minutes and they credited me $25 towards my stay so make sure to request this compensation.

Tim273
Level 1
Spring Hill, Australia

The most ridiculous frustrating clunky waste of time I have ever encountered.

I work in IT and have never encountered such a time wasting, poorly devised process.

Also totally unnecessary. You can stay at any of the fine hotels in the world and produce your photo I'd on arrival.

Malcolm32
Level 1
Townsville City, Australia

Took me 6 tries too, exactly the same ID, same face positioning and it works on the 6th time. 

Tim285
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi Airbnb team,
I am trying to verify my account for more than one year now. I have provided my ID and a photo to verify the ID is mine. Still the app keep saying "Account access is limited until you complete verification." and "We're processing your ID. Thanks for providing your ID. We'll let you know if we need anything else from you."

How long am I supposed to wait for the verification?
Could you please help? Next trip is planned for Friday.

Thank you & regards,
Tim

Adam280
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

i have attempted to upload my drivers licience and my passport several times tonight in order to confirm a booking but i just keep getting knocked back again and again. It is a clear picture of me. What can i do???

Sze-Nin0
Level 1
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

I just booked a place yesterday. Having myself verified and everything. I'm a new user and I've uploaded my ID card image. I've even paid for my bookings. And then this morning an email just reached saying my verification failed so the booking is refunded. Why is this so not user friendly?

Arinola0
Level 1
Lagos, Nigeria

Hi,

I have tried to get verified and it doesn't go through.

I've been on this for about 2 weeks now,i submitted my driver's license, took a selfie and it says it doesn't seem like i am the one in the picture.

I can't get verified.

Please help!!!

I have issue verifying my id. After uploading ID photo and taking picture of myself application is in processing loop 

Sevde0
Level 1
Assendelft, Netherlands

I've been trying for 3 days now and it keeps wanting a "clearer" picture. The picture of my ID cannot be clearer than it is so I can't do anything about it. I've had 3 calls with the service center and the lady eventually said that the only  remaining option is to take a picture of my ID without covering my government/personal number, which airbnb wants me to cover for privacy/safety reasons. I'm not comfortable uncovering it so I probably won't do it but this is just a big mess. Why would I have to uncover my personal number, why would it suddenly work, it just seems sketchy. So yeah I guess I won't book with airbnb untill they solve this issue. 

Teresa360
Level 2
Billings, MT

So frustrating getting an account set up to make a booking. Not a user friendly site at all. I have tried for nearly 2 hours. The referral links for a discount never work. 24/7 assistance they advertise is a joke!