What do you do when a guest (group) is given feedback, then one of them messages you an inappropriate message? thanks

Ressler-S0
Level 1
Sarasota, FL

What do you do when a guest (group) is given feedback, then one of them messages you an inappropriate message? thanks

We had a woman reserve our home for her husbands workers to help in the area. She booked it through her personal account. When the workers left, there were cigarette butts in the yard and the cleaners said the house was left a mess. (Not to mention that our home is no pets and they brought a dog-we charged extra). They sent pictures. When I reviewed, I did not give a bad review since it was her personal account and she was not present, but I let her know privately, for future rentals (as some MayNot be as kind as I was to her account), that they shouldn’t throw their cig butts just any where. 
i then received a message asking if I was owner of (or address) and when I asked who it was they sent a concerning response. No threats, just rude. 
I compared the phone number to the booking and it was the same area code. It must have been one of the workers. 
what do you do?  I have not heard any more since I told them they might have the wrong number.  
thanks Jean

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ressler-S0 if you don't leave honest reviews then there is no hope for your fellow hosts. You could quite easily have said that the workers booked by X left the place untidy with cigarette butts stern over the yard. This would warn other hosts that they shouldn't allow this person to book their place.

Certainly a lesson learned for me. I was thinking I was being kind to the nice person who I was in contact with. I am thinking now that she should have been responsible for them regardless. 
i gave her ideas for them so they don’t do out again but I’m thinking they just may do what they want. 
thanks for the input. 
Jean