What is the best arrival day for weekly bookings

Natalie98
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

What is the best arrival day for weekly bookings

Hi

I am in the process of setting up a new listing, which will be set to weekly stays (minimum 7 nights). The property has 5 beds in Scotland, UK, and will be live over the summer (peak season).

I have restrictions on the changeover days with the cleaner's availability, but it will likely be Saturdays or Sundays (there is a potential option for Wednesdays).

Does anyone have experience in weekly stays and a view of the best arrival day of the week? Or any UK-relevant analysis on this?

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Natalie

4 Replies 4
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Natalie98It's great to see you posting in our community.

I'm reaching out to fellow hosts to gather opinions on the best arrival day for weekly bookings: @Bettye6@Eileen462 @Joan2709 @John7474 @Kitty-and-Creek0 and @Patricia2526.

All the best.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi! 
My first question is why keeping your bookings to focus on wedding parties?

Requiring 7 day bookings would shoot me in the foot so to speak. 
I have hosted bride & their bridesmaid & they check in usually Wednesday if the wedding is over the weekend.  Turnover days on a Saturday or Sunday does not seem prudent as most weddings here in the States are Friday night, Saturday or Sundays. 
If 7 days needs to be your only option then go with Wednesdays. 
Keep those weekends fully open is my thought.
The best of luck!

Bettye6 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

@Bettye6, thank you so much for coming and helping Natalie 💛

@Natalie98, please let us know when you've had a chance to read our comments 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

In the main season (April to October) I only accept booking lasting a week, or multiple weeks. Arrival and departure is on Saturday. This has worked well for me for over 20 years. Off-season I accept bookings for a minimum of four nights and guests can arrive any day of the week.