Why did Airbnb change my listing photos and some of the descriptions?

Answered!
Marlene304
Level 2
Boston, MA

Why did Airbnb change my listing photos and some of the descriptions?

I rent out 3 bedrooms in my home. They are new beautiful rooms with private on suite bathrooms, fridges, work desk , HD Smart TV's, fast wifi, central heat & a/c. etc.

Airbnb has changed the photos on the listing so that two of my rooms show the kitchenette. I have tried several times to switch it back to  showing the bedrooms but to no avail. I called Airbnb to complain and they told me there is nothing they can do about it anymore. I am so infuriated by this. After all, no-one is looking on the listing to rent a kitchen. They are looking on the listing for bedrooms. . I live 0.5 mile walk to well known top notch Universities that all walkable. My 3 rooms were always booked by people all over the world. The majority of guests are here for university; professors, graduate students, scientists, students, students parents, etc. . Hardly any of them use the kitchenette except for maybe a cup of coffee or tea. Also, my kitchenette has no stove. Since Airbnb started listing my kitchenette photos on the listing instead of the bedrooms. I have had NO BOOKINGS!!! This is extremely UNFAIR!!

Also, on the one listing that shows one of the bedrooms it has in the description .....  12 miles from.... ???? It doesn't say from where? I checked my whole description and listing that I wrote and no where do I have a description that I am 12 miles from someplace else. Why they didn't say that I was so close to the university, or 3 miles from the city  is beyond me. 

Can someone advise me how to change it back to the previous listing?

thank you.

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Marlene304 

This changing of the photos happened to hosts who found themselves in the new "rooms" category that came out a few months ago.  The solution that was found was to delete the photo that the algorithm had chosen from their photo album and then pick the photo of the bedroom as their cover photo and then upload again the photo that was deleted.  

As to the matter of distance that you mention, I went onto your listings and you give very detailed information of various distances in your description and I'm wondering if the distance you put of 1 1/2 miles to the university has not been mis-interpreted by the algorithm as 12 miles?  Long shot I know😉

Fingers crossed you get back the picture at least of the bedroom in the "where you will sleep" section

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Danlee1
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

I don’t know how to fix this, but keep contacting Customer Support and insist on having someone who is part of the Escalations Team contact you. Text Customer Support and call. Don’t give up. In the meantime, I would write something in your description about the issue with the photos and that you are working on fixing it. Ugh, sorry! Their support is really not often not helpful at all.

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Marlene304 

This changing of the photos happened to hosts who found themselves in the new "rooms" category that came out a few months ago.  The solution that was found was to delete the photo that the algorithm had chosen from their photo album and then pick the photo of the bedroom as their cover photo and then upload again the photo that was deleted.  

As to the matter of distance that you mention, I went onto your listings and you give very detailed information of various distances in your description and I'm wondering if the distance you put of 1 1/2 miles to the university has not been mis-interpreted by the algorithm as 12 miles?  Long shot I know😉

Fingers crossed you get back the picture at least of the bedroom in the "where you will sleep" section

All the best

Joëlle

Thank you , @Joelle43 . I will try your advice.

Patty352
Level 2
Bamburgh, United Kingdom

I been having the same problem with my three listings.  I have been on to Airbnb about is a number of times and have encountered a brick wall every time. Did @Joelle43 's suggestion work?