my guest cannot make payment

my guest cannot make payment

my client said that she cannot pay by online transfer. Can you assist me on how to guide them to make payment?

2 Replies 2
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Hazirah-Syazwani0 

The only way to pay on Airbnb is with a credit card I believe.  This "problem" of not being able to pay online is sometimes a way for guests to get the host to accept a payment off line. Write back to your guest on the Airbnb message system that they should contact Airbnb customer service and they will look into it. Give them the phone number for your country if you have it.

Tell them that it is Airbnb that handles all the transactions on line and not you.

If you are new to Airbnb, be cautious as new hosts are sometimes targeted by bad guests.  Hopefully this is not the case of course but you did well to check first.

Let us know how this turned out for you

All the best

Joëlle

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Hazirah-Syazwani0 

There are multiple ways that guests can pay though Airbnb including credit card and PayPal . It really depends on which country they are in. When they set up their account it will show them options for their country.

You can advise your potential guest to call Airbnb if they are having issues setting up payment .

unless they are in Russia or have a Russian bank account there is no reason they should have issues setting up a payment method @Hazirah-Syazwani0