new host

Answered!

new host

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on our new listing.We are both brand new to airbnb.We have a small quest house on our property we just started listing on airbnb. So far the response has been great.In our first week, we have recieved 14 reservation.We are always looking to due better and improve  the quest experiance.We are located in NH.

Any advice,suggestions, feedback is greatly apprecaited!

Thank you

Bill and Kimberly

Top Answer

Hi and Welcome!

What a perfect location! Especially for outdoor enthusiasts! You already have 2 reviews, so good job! Just a few suggestions that might help. You can always try different things on the listing (description, photos, etc.) and see if you get an uptick in bookings. Other hosts here can also offer great suggestions. @Helen744 already made some good points about clarifying shared spaces on your listing. Who else lives or rents on the property? Is this a detached garage? 

Complete All Sections of Listing

Airbnb includes a metric in their search results algorithm regarding listing completeness. Be sure to complete EVERY section of the listing. Add details for every amenity if it shows an option for that.

These are the sections I noticed are missing on the Listing:

• Guest Access
  • Property & Rooms/Rooms & Spaces/What Spaces are Shared
  • Guest Safety Section – What Spaces Are Shared

Listing Accuracy

It is important that everything offered in the listing is accurate. If you have a photo of an amenity, but don’t actually have what’s shown in the photo, you could have an issue. If you claim you have a garden view, but it’s actually just a concrete patio; this would be inaccurate according to Airbnb guidelines. Guests can claim your listing is inaccurate and request (and receive) a refund from Airbnb.

Mountain View

You mention “mountain view” as an amenity, but photos state it’s a “few minutes up the road”? If guests can’t see the mountain view from where they are staying, I wouldn’t list “mountain view” in amenities. By all means leave the photo of it and the caption that its “just a few miles up the road”, but I wouldn’t list it as an amenity for the property. If you do have a mountain view seen from the guesthouse, be sure to add a photo of the view from the actual guesthouse.

Photos

Put a caption on every photo. Try not to repeat the same caption for all your landscaping shots. Tell guests more about the plant, time of year the photo was taken, or where the feature is on your property.

Amenities

The axe throwing area really makes me nervous from a host liability standpoint. This is especially true if you have children staying. Just a thought 🤔.

Guidebook

Try and add more to your Host Guidebook. It would be helpful for guests if you added all the local activities you mention currently in “Other Things to Note” Section. Currently, you have only food recommendations.

Wishing you much success! Let us know how it goes!

View Top Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Gifty5
Level 9
Chicago, IL

@Bill-And-Kimberly0 feedback from guests will help much to begin with. As you're doing now asking super host questions and inputs will help. You can also get the resources from Airbnb site to improve upon what's already been done. Hope this helps

Suzanne972
Level 5
Alpharetta, GA

Hi Kimberly,

Can you send a link to your listing? I’d be happy to take a look at it.

Storme0
Level 2
Gulfport, MS

Welcome to Hosting on Airbnb! It’s the best game in town - no matter what town you’re in! 

It sounds like you’re off to a great start. Based on this post, the only feedback I would give, is to use a tool like grammerly, or chatgpt to help you with your messages.  The spelling, in some cases is inaccurate as is the grammar. This will help keep a professional presentation. 

Good Luck! 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Bill-And-Kimberly0 I would only suggest that the rv parking spot be clarified as it seems to say a bedroom goes with it and bathroom but no pics. ???? H

also clarify that 'other guests ' may be here'. It may be obvious to you but not to everyone. the one bedroom unit does appear to be 'upstairs , does it have a 'private entrance or is it attached to your house . If so let people know. Looks brilliant ... H

Unfortunately that’s the best you can do. The app doesn’t allow you to eliminate it because it’s really ment for if you had a a full rv you were renting out not just a spot.

Hi again!

Just some other thoughts after looking at your 2 RV Parking Spot Listings. Maybe some other hosts with RV Parking Spots can chime in on this one?

RV Parking Spot Info

I'm not familiar with RV listings on Airbnb, but have assisted another host with setting up Tent Sites and RV sites on a private listing. Most guests want to know the dimensions of the site (length & width) and the maximum size RV you will allow in feet (30', 40') etc. Do you allow all types of RVs? (Class A/B/C, 5th wheel, travel trailer, etc.). They also like to know the maximum height you allow? Do you offer any trash disposal? Could they use solar at the sites? Are all the amenities you listed shared with other guests? Shared with host? 

Bedroom Status on RV Listings

Agree with @Helen744 regarding showing 1 bedroom under RV spot. Not sure about how to handle the bedroom issue. One of our listings is a Studio and I had to go into Property and Rooms and enter -0- for number of bedrooms in order for it to appear correctly. Then Airbnb defaulted the Title to "Studio" instead of one bedroom. That might be worth a shot. Try putting -0- in number of bedrooms. If that doesn't work, you may have to contact Airbnb Customer Service for clarification. It could be a problem if you show 1 bedroom, but don't actually provide it. For now, I would just add that clarification to the listing until you can resolve it. 

Airbnb App vs Desktop/Laptop Computer

You mentioned the app doesn't allow you to properly enter no bedroom on  your property type, as it's an RV Spot; not an RV. You might try accessing your listing on a desktop computer. There are certain functions of Airbnb that will only work on a desktop computer; not the app on a cell phone. You can also look under the "Camping" category at other listings. Lots of tent sites are listed and I have seen some that don't list bedrooms and just say "Tent Site".

Let us know how it goes!

Hi and Welcome!

What a perfect location! Especially for outdoor enthusiasts! You already have 2 reviews, so good job! Just a few suggestions that might help. You can always try different things on the listing (description, photos, etc.) and see if you get an uptick in bookings. Other hosts here can also offer great suggestions. @Helen744 already made some good points about clarifying shared spaces on your listing. Who else lives or rents on the property? Is this a detached garage? 

Complete All Sections of Listing

Airbnb includes a metric in their search results algorithm regarding listing completeness. Be sure to complete EVERY section of the listing. Add details for every amenity if it shows an option for that.

These are the sections I noticed are missing on the Listing:

• Guest Access
  • Property & Rooms/Rooms & Spaces/What Spaces are Shared
  • Guest Safety Section – What Spaces Are Shared

Listing Accuracy

It is important that everything offered in the listing is accurate. If you have a photo of an amenity, but don’t actually have what’s shown in the photo, you could have an issue. If you claim you have a garden view, but it’s actually just a concrete patio; this would be inaccurate according to Airbnb guidelines. Guests can claim your listing is inaccurate and request (and receive) a refund from Airbnb.

Mountain View

You mention “mountain view” as an amenity, but photos state it’s a “few minutes up the road”? If guests can’t see the mountain view from where they are staying, I wouldn’t list “mountain view” in amenities. By all means leave the photo of it and the caption that its “just a few miles up the road”, but I wouldn’t list it as an amenity for the property. If you do have a mountain view seen from the guesthouse, be sure to add a photo of the view from the actual guesthouse.

Photos

Put a caption on every photo. Try not to repeat the same caption for all your landscaping shots. Tell guests more about the plant, time of year the photo was taken, or where the feature is on your property.

Amenities

The axe throwing area really makes me nervous from a host liability standpoint. This is especially true if you have children staying. Just a thought 🤔.

Guidebook

Try and add more to your Host Guidebook. It would be helpful for guests if you added all the local activities you mention currently in “Other Things to Note” Section. Currently, you have only food recommendations.

Wishing you much success! Let us know how it goes!