pricing - too high or too low?

Evelyn1082
Level 2
Bridgetown, Australia

pricing - too high or too low?

I recently booked an AIRBNB and paid $254 a night in York, WA. I was very dissapointed as it was a shed converted to a studio. There was rubbish outside. Unkept gardens. Parking under a washing line. No wifi even though in their listing. The tea/coffee making facilities were within a metre of the toilet - but listed as having a kitchen.  In retrospect, it wasnt even worth $100 p/n.  In comparason, I go above and beyond to make my AIRBNB guests feel welcome and have gained Superhost every year. Guests continue to give fantastic feedback and all have enjoyed their stay.  My AIRBNB is listed for under $200 p/n and they have a completely self contained studio with an awesome outlook. Am I being unreasonable? I live 20km outside the main town, where there are abundant AIRBNB's. Is my pricing too low? How can I attract more clients?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Evelyn1082 Location is everything - The price we charge is probably half to a quarter of what can be charged elsewhere in our country.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Evelyn1082 👋

It's great to hear you go above and beyond to make your guests welcome! I wondered if this article about making your listing more competitive might help. 

Please let us know how you're getting on since you posted. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines