"Requesting Critique for My Listing."

Dina-Helen0
Level 2
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada

"Requesting Critique for My Listing."

Greetings!  Please take a look at my listing.  Any advice or suggestions would be immensely appreciated.  Although it indicates that I’ve been hosting for 5 months, I’ve actually had my listing on “pause”, hence the reason for zero activity on my profile.   All the best to all of you!

Listing: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/994971473177150831 

Kind Regards,

Helen

7 Replies 7
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Dina-Helen0it's great to see you posting for the first time, and we hope to gather some valuable feedback from our amazing Hosts.

I am reaching out to some of them to see if they are interested in participating:  @Alex1485@Tonia649@Matthew1964@Jennifer3187@Patricia2526 and @John7474.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Dina-Helen0
Level 2

Hello @Paula
Thank you so much for your help.  I’m really quite anxious about welcoming my first guest.   Not sure if this is a “normal” reaction or if I’m overreacting.  That being said, I’d really appreciate brutal honesty here. 😊

I appreciate all of you!

Helen

Tara0
Level 10
Oxford, United Kingdom

Hi @Dina-Helen0 I've been a superhost for 10 years. I've had a look through your listing and there are a few things I'd do to improve.

1) better photos, yours look a bit gloomy - try re-doing on a brighter day, or using your smart phone edit filters

2) longer description - you need to 'sell' the features in the first paragraph, such as wifi, etc. Quite often guests don't get as far as looking down the list of amenities. So, punchy first 500-word para saying how great this place is and the benefits, - then more details.

3) It says 'dedicated bathroom' but in the details you say "The bathroom is shared with the owner and includes a dedicated sink for guests". You need to be really clear and up front about this. A potential disaster if a guest arrives thinking dedicated [whole] bathroom and it's not. 

Dina-Helen0
Level 2

Thank you so much @Tara0!  I appreciate you taking time from your schedule to help me.  Great pointers!

Hello!

You’ve got a diamond in the rough here!  Looks like you recently did a renovation of bath and kitchen, if so, mention this in the description…

An idea would be to add more  photos, spend some care and attention to styling of the non renovated spaces…and tweak the text..

Exterior front, kitchen and bath are absolutely stunning spaces, would add more photos of these areas, could be detail shots,  3/4 shots, or different angle. … emphasize these renovated spaces…  ( outdoor front…make sure you blur out the house number, if shown in pix)

A couple of the areas need some TLC if you want to attract great guests at a higher rate…

Living room, outdoor and bedroom. 

living room…Is this a basement? space looks dark, and a bit bleak…not somewhere want o sit. And enjoy a bevie or even the morning news…Couch? Do you offer one? 

fyi…cords along the wall is not a feature to highlight,  inexpensive to fix…, for the photo, simply unplug and hide behind the tv set. …

Outdoors…You mention sitting outside at sunrise…i did not see a photo of the cafe table and chairs where i am sitting enjoying breakfast. 

Bedroom…you mentions a work space.. is this the little table with the keyboard and candles? … Is this a side table? Is this the dedicated work area? If this is to be a work area, it looks like my legs could not fit under it…

I see lacrosse and kids gear at your door…am i sharing a home with children?   If yes, it is very important to identify this information somewhere…

Also, your title mentions fun adventure attractions are nearby..add photos of these places…

Dina-Helen0
Level 2

@Alex1485 Oh my goodness, really great suggestions!  Thank you so much for taking the time to take a look.  Best regards.

@Dina-Helen0 I did so, as i noticed you were reading the recommendations, and are happy to help.

Please thoroughly process the implications of sharing your home,  to share not only a home, but also your personal  bath with guests…

99% of our guests, are amazing, and would invite to stay at our personal home, …but wow, the 1%…very bad news.