suspension with no explanation

Answered!
Ross869
Level 4
Navarre, FL

suspension with no explanation

I am a new host and had my listings suspended and no one will tell me why. I had a pretty bad guest experience with one lady and I initially made a somewhat bad review for her, but rescinded it as i felt bad. She initially reached out to me very angrily but I ignored as I knew it would be rescinded. I am now suspended and have no idea why. Can anyone help?

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ross869 ,

I hope the related team has already connected with you to provide some communication regarding this.

Please feel free to keep us updated in case there are further developments! We hope this would have been resolved to your satisfaction.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Ross869
Level 4
Navarre, FL

I did call customer service a couple of times, but they always say they will call me back and they never do. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Ross869 ,

We understand how worried you would be! As such cases have a process in place, you can also refer to: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1303 for more information regarding this.

Would you like to elaborate on your guest experience, so that other Hosts can know more and help you with some suggestions?

-----

Thank you, I did read this before to learn more about what happened. The thing is no one will discuss why it’s suspended. I never got an email, nothing. I do not know what to appeal or fix if no one will talk to me. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ross869 ,

I hope the related team has already connected with you to provide some communication regarding this.

Please feel free to keep us updated in case there are further developments! We hope this would have been resolved to your satisfaction.

-----

I did get in touch with someone, so if this was done by you, I greatly appreciate it. Thank you! 

Ross869

The same things happened to me too 

I want to know what happened at last 

thank you 

It was a camera issue. There was a camera that wasn’t listed. The camera was not operational near the front door. A guest contacted Airbnb about it and it was investigated. I showed them proof it was not working and took it down. I was reinstated. It was due to my oversight. So if you have items that you think guests should know about, please list it. 

Thank you for your reply.  I noticed all guests About cameras before they booked 

@Ross869.Same thing with me just recently. Can I ask if they put you back on as a host now ?  My impression is that AirBnb help the guests more than the hosts. I think it has to do with the profit.!!

Must have been very frustrating for you as a new host to experience this. I guess if we don't hear from you, you have stopped as a host. I am very sorry if it is so.

Yes it was frustrating but  I was able to work it out with air bnb thanks to an ambassador in this forum. There was a camera near the front door outside that wasn’t listed. It has never worked and I didn’t think about it until a guest had mentioned it. I guess they called Airbnb and they investigated it and I was able to show them proof it was a non-operational camera. I was reinstated after a couple days. It was my fault, but it was corrected. So please make sure you list things that you think a guest would be concerned about. Read the fine print, and you’ll be ok. Hopefully an ambassador here can get someone to connect with you. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Ross869 

If you do a search on this community you will find that it's fairly common place for Airbnb to suspend a hosts listing when a guest makes a 'safety complaint' about a host.

The majority of situations there is no valid reason for the guest to complain - they do so because they party/damage a property/bring in more guests than have booked etc.

Airbnb then suspends the hosts, refuses to tell the host why or give the host an opportunity to put their side of the story before Airbnb suspends their listing. 

What happens in the best case scenario is that after a few weeks Airbnb will unblock your listing with no apology or listing.

Please do not remove honest reviews of your guests because they are unhappy you have given a factual review. Your reviews are there to warn your fellow hosts about unsuitable guests @Ross869 

I can only see that you have left very positive reviews for the three guests who have stayed and reviewed you.

I did have the bad one removed as I did not want to ruin her future experiences. I think in the future I will not do this. 

Hi Helen 3 and Ross869. I am relieved to read from other hosts with experience of being suspended. I have been a Superhost/ host in AirBnb since 2019, and they have suddenly suspended me, without telling me.

I discovered it only 2 days ago, since I have blocked the calendar totally the last month, except for 2 bookings that were booked early.

Helen 3, you are telling me that it's a common practice that they do suspend hosts only from the bad review of one person (from 1 night stay) in my case!

But they have to understand that there must be something wrong when a guest give you the star 1, when almost everybody else give star 5, and in addition put a very bad story together as a review. That must be a revenge review!!  How long shall this situation last? They said they suspended me on May 11. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Anne11447,

I am sorry to hear about this. I have forwarded your case to the team that can help. Since we are not part of the Customer Support Team, they will contact you directly.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad