2022: Month of Celebration

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

2022: Month of Celebration

Quincy_0-1668436194135.jpeg

Hi everyone!

It’s that time of year again where we hold our 6th annual Month of Celebration here on the Community Center.

For the newcomers to the CC, we’ve been running this festival every year since 2017 – it works a little bit like an advent calendar. For each day of December, a different community member posts a new topic about something positive or inspirational. We cover both hosting and non-hosting related topics: from nice stories, personal experiences, helpful tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts, and anything else that brings a smile to someone's face! Every year, we’ve shared some great conversations, laughs, and celebrated our wonderful community.

Last year, we had some wonderful topics, including Robin4's with Life is full of coincidences and a festive treat from Huma0 with Christmas: What will you be cooking? The possibilities of writing topics are endless. You can take a look at last years' here, for some inspiration.

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 11.20.42.png

If you would like to get involved, please reply to this thread and let us know which date (or dates) you would like to post a topic. I hope you will all enjoy this dose of positivity, whether you get involved or just read and share your thoughts on others' posts. 😄

Enjoy!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

71 Replies 71
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I am well, thanks! 👍

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy I will gladly join again this year for the interesting tales from around the world. I would like to choose the last day of the year 31st December please.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laurelle3, I hope all is well! You chose a lovely date! That's your name on the 31st now 😊 I'm looking forward to your story!

-----

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Quincy, if I wont change my mind until then,

I'd like to write something about sanctity of 'Guest Rights'

throughout history and in different cultures' 

I also want to bring few good words about Mongols - I know Quincy I know, that's how life is ... misbehave once & people wont forget for 7-8 centuries. To this day -  I feel they have less of a GOOD PR, than let's say Airbnb ... . 

C U in Dec. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Bes175, I feel a good post is in the making 👀 We've got a bunch of free spots left in December, so feel free to let me know if you'd like to participate should you change your mind! 

-----

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

I am keen! i love to write stories, and include photos of course. We are packing up and moving 3000km to our farm in early December, that could be topic: how to survive moving house, with kids + pets, haha. Or I have other ideas, so i could take anywhere from the 20th. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I've pencilled you in for the 21st if that's ok @Gillian166? And WOW! 3000km! I already look forward to reading your story! 😁

-----

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Quincy  we've done it before, it's not quite the romantic instagram road trip you might be imagining. We are doing it in 2 days, to minimise the time spent in accomm with the animals. 

oh and my bad, it's 2200km, not 3k. sorry. I did some rough maths. Anyone who has ever travelled the Hay Plains will know it feels like a million miles. 

Been there, done that @Gillian166  when we moved from Adelaide to Darwin many years ago! That was 3000a!

We crossed the Hay plains last month and that was before the latest water inundation. The roads will have you travelling slower with the pothole damage so take care. 

@Cathie19  thanks for the heads up. Hubby just did the journey from Adl back to Qld, and managed to hit a roo near Moree and damage the car (first time that's happened in over 20 years of road tripping - I told him it's cos I wasn't there as co-driver), and the floods impacted the repairs... the car still isn't fixed. 

@Cathie19 

I  have looked hard and can't see you name on the calendar. I am sure you can give another Auzzie story from the Top End.

The same goes for @Robin4 who could give us a view of his garden or view from the summit. You will add more of an Australian influence from Downunder.

Being “on the road” is making it a bit difficult to respond to stuff, as time and signal can be limited.

All the best for your move @Gillian166

@Gillian166 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hope that your packing and moving goes well, @Gillian166! Let us know how that goes!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Gillian166 look foreward to the photos, safe travels moving and as @Cathie19 said watch the potholes some are like mine holes with the ground subsiding. Take care.