2022: Month of Celebration

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

2022: Month of Celebration

Quincy_0-1668436194135.jpeg

Hi everyone!

It’s that time of year again where we hold our 6th annual Month of Celebration here on the Community Center.

For the newcomers to the CC, we’ve been running this festival every year since 2017 – it works a little bit like an advent calendar. For each day of December, a different community member posts a new topic about something positive or inspirational. We cover both hosting and non-hosting related topics: from nice stories, personal experiences, helpful tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts, and anything else that brings a smile to someone's face! Every year, we’ve shared some great conversations, laughs, and celebrated our wonderful community.

Last year, we had some wonderful topics, including Robin4's with Life is full of coincidences and a festive treat from Huma0 with Christmas: What will you be cooking? The possibilities of writing topics are endless. You can take a look at last years' here, for some inspiration.

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 11.20.42.png

If you would like to get involved, please reply to this thread and let us know which date (or dates) you would like to post a topic. I hope you will all enjoy this dose of positivity, whether you get involved or just read and share your thoughts on others' posts. 😄

Enjoy!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

71 Replies 71
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Laurelle3 wrote:

@Quincy I think we should sing out to @Clara116 or should we say Tap Dancing her way. Come on Clara I am sure you can Tip Toe Thru the Tulips.

@Laurelle3 I love that 😄 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Quincy @Laurelle3 @Emilie OK....since I can't resist that Tap dancing challenge from my pal Laurelle....I'd like to ask for after Christmas...like the 28th. 

I'm holding a very exciting Host Meet Up in our area and having a very awesome experience for the Hosts...it's a surprise till they arrive that evening so I can't tell you guys but should be loads of fun and a surprise they might not be expecting...

That might be something to share...? Or I'll tap into something else ... hahaha 💥❤️

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Clara116 Wonderful idea! So happy you can join us again this year Clara 💛

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds lovely @Clara116! 🤩 

-----

Heliana2
Level 2
Shefford, Canada

Very nice idea, I would like to share how I ended up putting my listing in Airbnb and became passionate about it and finally ask the community what is their story. December 9 or 16.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Heliana2, that sounds lovely! I've noted you down on the calendar for the 9th of December! 

I will also be reaching out to you shortly with some more info 😊

-----

Soraya19
Level 8
Mumbai, India

My daughter/co-host and I would love to share a personal experience with the community. Any day works well for us. 🙂 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Soraya19! I'm happy to hear that you'd like to participate! I've put your name for the 16th of December, if that's ok? 😊 I will be sending you some more info via private message shortly

-----

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

It has been a LONG time since I participated in Month of Celebration. Plug me in for a date. I think my first was with @Lizzie

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Robin129 Yayyyy, welcome on board, good to have you back with us after a few years away from the Month of Celebrations! Would the 6th or 8th work for you or would you prefer a date a bit further down the line?

Emilie

-----

Deirdre122
Host Advisory Board Member
Stellenbosch, South Africa

I'd love to share a post if there's still a day available 🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Deirdre122! Would you be ok with Monday the 12th? There are a few other dates available if this date doesn't work out for you 🙂

-----

Deirdre122
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Thanks Quincy, Monday 12th is great!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I've put your name in for the 12th! I will be reaching out shortly to you via private message 😊 @Deirdre122 

-----

Claudia331
Lecco, Italy

Dear @Quincy I would like to share a post the 29th Dec, if for you is ok

Let me know, thank you