Cancellation

Nikki365
Level 2
Castlemaine, Ireland

Cancellation

Guest took the 10% discount option for non-refundable. They have now canceled , more than the 30 days in advance anyway so that’s good . 
What are people doing . Will I issue the full refund anyway or issue it if the dates get booked again . 
first 2 months hosting for me 

3 Replies 3
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Nikki365 🙂

When a guest cancels the guest will get refunded automatically according to the cancellation policy agreed to. As a host you don't have to do a thing. Of course you can always offer the guest a full/partial refund should your listing get rebooked. It is totally up to you as a host 🙂

Best, Sandra

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Nikki365  If they chose the non refundable option, why would you plan to give them a refund?

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I think you are looking for some discussion about business strategy in this case, right?  @Mark116  points out that you could just follow the system as it is set up, i.e., to ensure the host is compensated for a cancellation.  I suggest you look a little deeper to consider options.  What is the probability these guests will book another time or at least visit your area again?  In that case, a gesture from you that relates to the future possibility might go a long way for good public relations. You could offer a credit for future a future stay perhaps.  Your message might be you acknowledge that they must be disappointed that they had to cancel but encourage them to book at another time using the (small) credit you are givng them.  It is another way to look at your business in the long term.  Just a thought.  Linda