Check in scheduled messages error

Vicky428
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Check in scheduled messages error

5BD25435-9BA2-41E5-9DEA-87345588F8EE.jpeg

Hi, I’m having an issue with scheduled messages. I have set it up with the checkin instructions shortcut- however the link to the check in instructions isn’t sending. I am currently manually sending screenshots I’ve taken of my check in steps. Is there a way to send a link or fix scheduled messages error. Support haven’t been able to fix error- still ongoing after 10 days. Thanks Vicky

3 Replies 3
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Vicky428, scheduled messages doesn't support sending photos, so if your check-in instructions have photos, they won't go through.  It's a serious problem for a lot of hosts.  See page 2 in this thread:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/A-guide-to-using-Scheduled-Messages/td-p/1387268/page/2

I'm having the same issue. The check-in instructions (which do not include a photo) said "skipped" for my recent guest. It was pre-booked, so not a last minute booking. When I tried to manually send the message it would not allow me to as the scheduled time had passed. It's incredibly frustrating, as the messge has the lock code and wi-fi username and password. I ended up rewriting it in a private message to the guest before they had arrived. If I had not checked to ensure it had been sent, I wouldn't have known until the guest had arrived. Very frustrating!!!

same problem still happened in 2023, after 2 years later, airbnb still wouldn't update their bugs