Day 29: Lecco city lights

Claudia331
Host Advisory Board Member
Lecco, Italy

Day 29: Lecco city lights

For this Month Celebration I would like to tell you about two amazing Christmas initiatives on  the Lake Como, the Lecco side, the area where I have been living for 20 years.

On our beautiful mountainsides, the 23rd December, before Christmas Eve, several torchlights descents took place.

More than 10 mountains have been involved in this activity, this year (Resegone, San Martino, Monte Barro…). If the night is bright, I can clearly see 3 lightened paths from my house. 

It is an ancient tradition from people of this area who love to reach the top of the mountain and then drink “vin brûlé” , a hot spicy wine which warms the body and the heart (mulled wine)

Here some photos : 

PHOTO-2022-12-28-08-59-47 2.jpeg

PHOTO-2022-12-28-08-59-47 3.jpeg

PHOTO-2022-12-28-08-59-47 4.jpeg

PHOTO-2022-12-28-09-00-34.jpeg

5.jpg

The second is a recent tradition called “Lecco Magico Natale” inspired by Collodi, a famous author who wrote the famous book “Pinocchio, Il paese dei Balocchi”.

Lecco city lights up of Christmas colored pictures projected on the building's facade. 

Children love this show accompanied by music, they feel the magic of Christmas 

Below some photos of the Lecco town lights:

PHOTO-2022-12-09-16-39-02 3.jpg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

8 Replies 8
Francesca
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Claudia331 thanks for these amazing photos! Can you see George Clooney in the crowd? 😄

Hey, hai un dubbio o una domanda?

Pubblicala cliccando >>QUI<< troveremo la risposta insieme.

Dai un’occhiata alla nostra netiquette, le

Linee guida della community

Claudia331
Lecco, Italy

@Francesca no unfortunately...

Remeber, I live in the poor side of  the lake, Lecco side, not Como and Villa Oleandra side 😂

Thanks a lot for sharing this article here. I'm so much glad to know more about it. Keep posting. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for the lovely photos @Claudia331! Was it busier than usual this year? 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Claudia331
Lecco, Italy

Dear @Quincy  thanks to you!

Is quite busy yes but maybe less than last year, Christmas after Covid restriction...

Anyway many families and young are around and they enjoy our lights

Sheila646
Level 9
Elizabeth, CO

Grazie! Buon Natale!

Farm Diva
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Claudia331 thank you for sharing your photos of the Christmas lights near where you live. What a tradition of the chain of mountain lights from people who live or want to experience this special night.

Also the lights in Lecco city, it reminds me of our festival of lights in Sydney. Yes it is magical for children but I enjoy going out on these special events at night walking, mixing with other families or our own. To me it makes you feel light hearted and think that we are blessed to enjoy these occassions. 

May your New Year be blessed to bring you cheer, happiness and prosperity whether it be in kindness or monetry value. Take care.

Claudia331
Lecco, Italy

@Laurelle3 many thanks for your kind answer and your wishes, for you the same ❤️