New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,302 Replies 2,302

Hello Everyone, 
I just listed an appartment that is very important for me. I lived in the villa for many years with my parents, and the air is still filled with positive memories and good vibes. Unfortunately, they passed away a few years ago. As I work abroad in Austria, it is not possible for me to live in the apartment, so I decided to share this unique experience by renting out the entire first floor of the villa. The garden has hosted many family events, including wedding parties. I hope that many other would enjoy the expansive garden, maybe with children or simply sit alone under trees that are over 30 years old.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Petra857 , That sounds like a wonderful and meaningful way to share your family's legacy with others. It must be special to offer such a beautiful space with such rich memories.

Do you have any questions related to hosting on Airbnb that you're curious about and would like to get advice from experienced Hosts? For eg : related to listing set up or calendar settings?

Wishing you all the best for your hosting adventure and please feel free to nudge us in case you need any help. Our Community would love to support you through your journey 😍

-----

Guy1104
Level 1
Gardena, CA

Hello I am Guy originally from France, leaving in California for a long time.

New to Airbnb, I am just looking for info on making it work for my rental in France.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Guy1104 , Welcome to the Community Center ! 🌻

You've arrived to the right spot looking for tips related to hosting 😉 Where do you have your listings in France? Do you have any specific questions that you'd like to ask other experienced Hosts? For eg:  related to attracting bookings or getting familiar with taxes and regulations? 

We also have a French Community, that could be a good place to start off conversations with Hosts located in France and get some ideas. You can visit our French Community Center by clicking on the globe icon on the top right corner of the page. Hope it helps! 😊

Bhumika_0-1720126419547.png

-----

Roger243
Level 2
Klamath Falls, OR

Hello, I am Tara and new to hosting on Airbnb.  My husband and I have used this type of stay for many years now.  Our primary reason was privacy and the ability to cook our own meals.  We are almost ready to accept our first booking.  My husband just retired in April and I will in December.  Excited to do something different.  Our property was a long term rental for 24+ years but now will hopefully be a successful Airbnb.  Look forward to meeting new people and learning their stories.

I love sewing of many kinds, jewelry making and will explore some new hobbies.  My husband is trying to learn to be retired.  

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi Tara and @Roger243 , Welcome to the Community Center 🌻 It's wonderful to hear that that you and your husband are looking forward to ready your Airbnb for guests 😍  

Since you've initially experienced Airbnb as a guest, have you put in amenities in your listing based on your own guest experiences? 

Also, I'm curious, what new hobbies are you thinking about exploring? 😉 

-----

I would love to try glass blowing and learn the drums!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

It sounds exciting 😍 @Roger243 ! All the best for that 😉 We hope you'll keep us posted with how you progress with these hobbies 😊 

I curiously had a sneak peek at your listing photos and I love how you've put quirky quotes through your listings.  I really liked the one about patience and growing up 😂 

Did you select these quotes by yourself? Or if a family member suggested you to select them to add some quirk to your beautiful listing  😉

-----

@Bhumika Thank you for the encouragement, no I selected them... There is a great shop here locally sells funny coasters and cards.  Love to stand at the cards and laugh out loud.

My favorite coaster:  "Remember if we get caught I don't speak English and you're deaf".  🙃

How long have you been hosting?

Ian48599
Level 1
Clive, IA

Hello my name is Ian, living in USA Iowa, loved to connect with people, I have a lovely please out of the woods to be Airbnb, pleasure to meet you all.  

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ian48599 , Welcome to the Community Center 😍 

A home in the woods sounds like an exciting adventure for your upcoming guests 😉 

Would you like to share with us a favorite photo of your Airbnb listing here ?

What's one of your most favorite part about the listing? 

-----

Hello Everyone! So happy Hosts  finally have a voice on Airbnb, hopefully it will translate in Airbnb's policy's which have been geared towards  favoring guests more than anything.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Anyale4 , Welcome to the Community Center! 🌻 You've come to the right spot if you're looking to share your experiences with Hosts and Airbnb.

Do you have any questions for other Hosts or any experiences that you'd like to particularly share or discuss with other Hosts by starting a new conversation? Has there been any guest situation that has been concerning for you?

-----

Eglantina3
Level 1
Tirana, Albania

Hello, 

I am Eglantina, I have been working in the Hospitality Industry for a long period. I have recently joined Airbnb, I really love the platform, it allows you to be in direct contact with the guest, assisting them in all the process. Seeing they appreciate your efforts and enjoy their amazing reviews. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Eglantina3 😊

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center, and thank you for sharing your introduction!

Your experience is highly valued in our community, and we would love to see more of your contributions. If you have any specific tips or questions, please feel free to start a new conversation.

Additionally, would you be interested in sharing your opinions on other Hosts' questions? If so, I can tag you in some of those conversations.

Keep me posted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad