New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,299 Replies 3,299
Gisela300
Level 2
Worcester, South Africa

Hi there! I'm Gisela Wullschleger from Worcester in South Africa. We have 5 self catering apartments that people who come to Worcester for work projects enjoy staying in during the week and on the weekends our visitors are motorcross rally drivers and fans, sports people (mountain bike racers, school games, chess tournaments etc) and wedding guests. Our town is about 100km from Cape Town, and there are many "prettier" places for international tourists to go, so we rarely see people from oversees. We're thinking of inviting international volunteers to join our community outreach programme (reaching out to people who live on the streets, and supporting local crafters and artists to access markets). We thought that during our quiet months of December and January we  could launch a program to fill our beds, and have some fun doing good... Has anyone tried this? I am really interested to hear from fellow hosts who have used the platform to promote a similar idea, and whether it was successful.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Gisela300, welcome to our Community, and thank you for sharing your presentation with us.

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from our members, I suggest starting a new conversation here.

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Philip3527
Level 4
Melbourne, Australia

Hi All, my name is Philip, I host in Melbourne, Australia. Just started with Airbnb and looking to see what I can learn from all the Airbnb masters in the forum. I look after a handful of apartment all centred around the city area. Learning a lot along the way, but also making a lot of mistake. Thank you for having me, I know you all can teach me a lot. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Philip3527, we're delighted to welcome you to our community,

A great way to start exploring our community is by using the search bar at the top with some keywords. This will bring up some conversations and previous great advice from our Hosts (You can also click on the image below 👇).

Paula_0-1708712527892.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Matu25
Level 3
Philadelphia, PA

Hello! 

I am a new host out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and I'm happy to find a community where I can learn from other hosts in an effort to run a successful airbnb...

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Matu25 and welcome to the Airbnb Community Center,

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a New conversation here ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

All the best,

-----

Cheryl1059
Level 2
Costa Mesa, CA

Greetings.  My husband and I have a STR in Santa Ana CA.  We are looking to purchase a home in Wrightwood CA as well for STR.  We have lots of questions that this forum could probably help answer.  Looking forward to getting to know everyone.  

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Cheryl1059, and welcome to the community 😊

As you mentioned, our forum will be a great tool to get some guidelines on your starting process. Please feel free to 👉start a new conversation here, asking any questions you may have.

All the best,

-----

Lance242
Level 2
Sunrise, FL

Hello All!
I'm Lance. Currently living in South Florida in the US. Recently started hosting our property in Jacksonville, Florida as a way to keep the house active and possibly earn a bit of income until we finally decide to move there.  

The house is a 1940's Bungalow located in a historical area in Jacksonville. It's nestle in between two other trendy historic neighborhood where you can see lots of cafe's, restaurant and shop popping up all the time. This house is also adjacent to downtown Jacksonville as well as being only 20 minutes from the airport. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Lance242, welcome to Airbnb and the Community Center! I wish you the best on your hosting journey 😊

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Regards, 

-----

Hi @Paula , 
All is well so far. Found a few good tips on here. I just published my first property and had 5 bookings in the first week that get me through this month. Now I'm focusing on making my listing a bit more complete so that guests are a bit more interested. We'll see how it goes. 

Hey guys!

Am new here in the airbnb community but has been hosting successfully for 2 years now. My Airbnb is located in the Caribbean, Bequia 🇻🇨 and is regularly booked. 

Recently I've realized that I actually really love this business alot so am now looking to share my expertise as a Co-host for anyone that might need help managing. 

Looking forward to being active in the community and to expand my knowledge as well from others! 

Hello @Zashon0,

I'm also new here in the Airbnb community and differently from you, I'm not successful in hosting despite being a member of Airbnb for almost two years now. My condo is located in Vlore, Albania🇦🇱, a wonderful seaside town. As an experienced and successful co-host, I would like to learn from you on how to succeed in managing properly my condo.

Thank you,

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Robert7925welcome to the community! Here, you'll find great tools to enhance your hosting journey.

To begin, I suggest starting a 👉critique my listing' thread, where our seasoned Hosts can provide insights on improvements to enhance your chances of receiving more bookings.

I hope this is helpful.

-----

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Zashon0, welcome to the community! It's amazing to hear about your great experience with Airbnb. 😊

I would like to invite you to share some tips with our wonderful community by starting a 👉New conversation here.

I am sure your expertise will greatly benefit many new Hosts.

-----