New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,424 Replies 2,424
Jue0
Host Advisory Board Member
Nairobi, Kenya

@Wambugi0 @Bhumika.. Thank you for the kind words over our Green City in the Sun. 

I'm Jue from Nairobi Kenya. Been hosting last 9 years. Feel free to engage. thank You. 

JMM

Hi @Wambugi0 

Warm greetings from Nairobi, Kenya 🇰🇪 

How are you doing?

Great idea ! for the wonderful chat.

Despite of what the country is going through right now Kenya is peaceful, wonderful to visit .We have maintained our culture and we have wide opportunities for tourists and locals to visit.

l started hosting in 2017 , l have enjoyed the journey  all through and acquired the skills and opportunity of meeting different guests from different backgrounds and cultures.

My listings are all situated at the heart of kilimani. Here you find fine Restaurants  to dine and nightlife clubs if you feel to chili out.

Am always thankful for the opportunity to be in the great platform of Airbnb.

Am sure the opportunity will lead me to higher grounds.

where are your listing? Welcome for a cup of coffee when available 👍🏼

cheers

Naomi Ogamba

Tarryn12
Level 1
Denver, CO

Hi Airbnb community, I’m born and raised in South Africa 🇿🇦, now living in Denver, Colorado 🇺🇸 for 2 years already. New to Airbnb, I host my guest room in my apartment.
I’m loving the support and guidance from the Airbnb app and community, as well as the experience of meeting people with such interesting stories and lives!
I work in aviation so have travelled a lot, have family in the Netherlands 🇳🇱 , and love the beautiful seasons here in Colorado.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Tarryn12 , so glad to hear from you! Welcome to the Community Center 🌻 

How are you feeling about starting your hosting journey? It seems you're already excited to meet guests and people from across the globe, and welcome them to your listing. 😍 

What inspired you to become a Host? 😉

-----

Thank you @Bhumika ! 
I heard about hosting from a lady at a function - and decided to give it a shot! 
I never even knew about this world, that it was possible, or people would want to be guests in my home!

So far my guests have been awesome, and the bookings nonstop! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

It's so great to hear that @Tarryn12 , thanks so much for sharing! 🌻

Have you been in touch with the lady as you started hosting? Have you been exchanging any tips with eachother 😉

Wishing you all the very best with the bookings 😍 

Do you have any hosting related questions that you'd like to ask other experienced Hosts in the Community? 

-----

Hue143
Level 1
Huế, Vietnam

Welcome everyone to Hue Lotus. I am the host of Hue Lotus from Vietnam. Our place is a green farm with flowers and animals. One of the places worth visiting and staying, experiencing local culture, cuisine, and traditional craft villages.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Hue143 , Welcome to the Community 😍 I love how your listings are surrounded by greenery, what an attraction! I noticed that you've a variety of pets 😉 How do your guests engage with these little ones? 

Since the local culture, events and cuisine can be a mesmerizing experience, do you offer any guidebook or recommendations to your guests, for them to try? 

-----

Hi to everyone 

My name is JACKSON ALEX from Zanzibar, Tanzania am to happy to be here kindly your most welcome to my new Airbnb located in Uroa beach, Zanzibar it is very nice place with beautiful beach. i would like to welcome you and everyone from all place in the world. Karibu Sana Hakuna Matata

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jackson184 ! Welcome to the Community Center and thanks so much for sharing about your listing with us. The view of the Uroa beach from the balcony looks absolutely gorgeous in your listing photos 😍. Definitely looks like a unique staycation place! 

How has the process of setting up your listing on Airbnb been so far? 

-----