Security Deposit - AIRBNB IS BUSINESS NOT A CHARITY

Security Deposit - AIRBNB IS BUSINESS NOT A CHARITY

Hi All, 

One of travellers  that joined Airbnb recently stayed in my place for two days and they left my place in a miserable situation trash everywhere, urine on my bathroom floor, scratches on 4 walls last but not least violated my house rules ! This was a lovely gift from them for  Christmas. 

What surprised the most is the way that case managers dealt with my case !  they requested for all the documentations ( Pictures and Invoice) which I sent  in order 200 USD from my security deposit that the guest accepted on it before booking my place. The case manager after postponing me for days "although she promised to get back to me in 72 hours"  came back to me telling me that I will give you 170$ from the 200$ you have requested because you already took 30 $ as a cleaning fee. After explaining to her in multiple emails that this was an extra amount than the 30 $ I deducted for cleaning she replied to me with a strange answer that  the guest is no cooperation and AIRBNB IS BUSINESS NOT A CHARITY ! 

Aren't the guest accept the "security deposit " and Airbnb supposed that they hold the amount for 14 days after check out ? Does it really sound when I  request the money  that I am begging money from a Charity ? Also is it ok to be ignored totally from a case manager after asking for explanation about the charity thing ? 

Thanks 

0 Replies 0