Social Media Promotion

Lisa6794
Level 2
Copiague, NY

Social Media Promotion

Hi Airbnb Hosts. I work in Social Media Marketing for TikTok and Instagram influencers. We are looking to exchange stays for social media posts. Usually these stays are M-F to avoid your heavy booking days. We have found Hosts who take advantage of Influencers social media presence are likely to see increases in bookings. You can contact me here or at ***. I also have videos of exchange stays for reference. 

I only work with individuals who will be completely respectful of your space. No parties and no groups that are more than 2 people are allowed to do these exchange stays at a time. (I ask the influencer to bring along a friend/partner/business associate for safety reasons). 

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

19 Replies 19

🤮

I hope you feel better soon.

Johanna394
Level 10
Tampere, Finland

How will the visibility and possibilities for future bookings help hosts cover the current/instant costs of any influencer stays? If they are not financially compensated, as you seem to say.

@Lisa6794 

So if your having the influencer stay on a day that your not booked and you know those days are your least booked days and they post videos tagging you and your email/Insta/TIKTOK account and 100k- mil of people and you book multiple stays because of that video...does that cover the cost of your cleaners fee?

Cleaners fee: 100-250

Booked stays because of video:

if your night is say 100 per night and you book 4 stays at 3 nights because of the video thats...hmmmm....1200?

- say 250 if you pay good for your cleaners

=950

That seems like a profit right?

or are my numbers wrong?

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

OK, I don’t post often on here but have read many great posts from experienced hosts and have learned some great hosting skills from the “influencers” here on the AirBnb forum. I too am an “influencer” and if there are any hosts that think this is a great idea, please message me privately and I’ll do my best to “influence” you to run away and hide anytime anyone tries to get something from you or your AirBnb business for free “in exchange” for referrals or whatever benefits the person is trying to sell you on. 

Thanks for the laugh @Lisa6794 @but this is the easiest “we wish you success in your search for alternate accommodations” reply I have ever written. 

G&A

I understand your influencing skills are still working on a Myspace type forum....I suggest downloading Instagram/TIKTOK and Snapchat. So your up to date on whats really going on.

Cecilia-Sofia0
Level 6
Tepoztlán, Mexico

NO WAY!!!!!   Nooooooooooooooo.

There is an ass for every chair and your chair is in the past and most people who know what the future looks likes chair is on TIKTOK.

Andrea4731
Level 10
West Palm Beach, FL

😅 if this was even a real attempt, why not tag your social media accounts so we can see how far your reach is. But yeah, it’s a no from me.

I have tried it doesn't allow.

look up Itsyaboymikeofficial on TIKTOK and Instagram

There are already about 6 or so AirBNB reviews on the feeds.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lisa6794  The entitlement of "influencers" in thinking they should get free stays is a serious turn-off. 

I get all the good advertising I need from the good reviews my guests who accept that they need to pay for accommodation leave.

You seem unaware of what a distasteful joke you "social  media influencers" are to the hosts and restauranteurs you try to get freebies from.

And also unaware that we can promote our places ourselves on social media. 

Grow up and pay for your accommodations like an adult.

Instead of viewing it as a distasteful why not view it as another way to spend money on marketing. If your even marketing at all yourself.

So paying a cleaning fee on a day that your not booking and getting 5-10 and more bookings from one video is probably worth the one "free" ( not booked already ) day.

But to each his own. When you have the view that its freebies and not marketing that shows me that you don't view your AirBNB as a business but as your home. 

And that ok. The business mindset isn't for everyone.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Lisa6794 

Not interested.  Why should we work our backsides off so that you can "socially influence" or listings.  Not going to happen.

And btw, 2 influencers and a free stay at an Airbnb that houses 6 to 8 guests.  Sounds like the makings of an illegal party to me.

@Sarah977is absolutely correct.

So....your saying a video that can get you 100k-mil of views and multiple more bookings is not worth the 1-2 nights of (unbooked) access to your airbnb.

So your telling me paying your cleaners maybe 100-250 for those two nights is not worth 1,000 of dollars in bookings?

Another person with a ( this is my home not my business mindset)

Its ok. Not everyone wants to pay to market. Or they pay to market slowly. I get it.