Technical Issues with Listing Description

Lauren285
Level 2
Texas, United States

Technical Issues with Listing Description

I am trying to edit part of my listing description. In particular, Guest Access and Other Things to note. It won't let me make changes. Have been trying off and on for weeks. I have tried reducing characters, deleting entirely, changing browsers, rebooting computer and more. Submitted a ticket but never received a call-back.

Anyone else have this or know a work around?  

16 Replies 16
Shannon692
Level 2
Barrie, Canada

I rent a bungalow which is clearly described as a one level dwelling. The house also has a totally separate basement suite which is for personal use and not part of the rental. My description tells the guests they have the place to themselves.  I had guests complain that someone was staying downstairs. I noticed on other Airbnb descriptions the exact same phrase.  Is it generated by airbnb because I cannot deletecit.

@Shannon692  Yes, I think that phrase must be generated by Airbnb, as I see it in all entire place listings.

But you should make it clear in your ad that the basement level is not included in the rental, beyond telling them the main floor is for their use.

You are remiss in not making it clear that there may be someone else staying in the separate downstairs unit. I'd be upset, too, if I thought I'd have privacy, only to find out someone else was staying in another part of the house and would be coming and going and perhaps sharing the yard.