When its cold outside what do I do in Florida? Fire up the oven and BAKE!

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

When its cold outside what do I do in Florida? Fire up the oven and BAKE!

Fig Chutney Galette/PfannkuchenFig Chutney Galette/PfannkuchenRoselle sliceRoselle sliceRoselle JamRoselle JamReady for the oven - cast iron skilletReady for the oven - cast iron skillet

I've been really busy with our garden and harvesting everything possible...so when I saw a Youtube video with Elliott Homesteader baking this Galette I had to give it a try....I used my own home grown Roselle Jam and also homemade Fig Chutney for a savory pie. Both delicious and so much easier than baking a pie. Shall I post the Recipe?? Any of my buddies interested?? @Ann72 , @Cathy19 , Laurene, @Christine615 , Stephanie, Lizzie, Jessica, Robin - sorry finding names and numbers proves difficult in the moment. sorry. Anyway, we should have a cook along again??? Anybody interested?

Blessings all,

Clara

**[Added member tags]

19 Replies 19
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Those look so good @Clara116!  Count me in.

Hi @Ann72 would be so fun for all of us to zoom again one of these days.....been missing all of you. Wish I could share my taste treats with you dear.

Bless You, Clara

Aww me too @Clara116  😘

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Clara116 Looks so yum .
Im not much of a baker but when it gets a bit chilly in the winterless north. I put on the Slo Cooker and make  soup. Then some bread from the bread maker to go with it 🙂 

@Ria16 sounds perfect....I'm with you soup and bread is perfect....and those Slo cookers/instant pots are amazing I think. 

If we get a bake/cook along hope you'll join in.

Blessings, Clara

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Absolutely, @Clara116 . I've got the perfect piece of cast iron! 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lawrene0 Fantastic....miss seeing and chatting with all of you these days!

Till soon, I hope!

Bless You, Clara

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Clara116,

All of them look great and delicious.  I will have to taste them vicariously through Ann, Lawrene and the others, because I am still carrying some remnants of holiday treats.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Debra300 I totally understand! They are so delicious, not Uber sweet...and the fig chutney is savory and fine. Best wishes, Clara

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Will it survive air travel and when can I expect to receive it @Clara116 ? 😉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Stephanie that's what I'm talking about...wish it would. 

Miss you guys 

Happy 2022

Oh @Clara116 This looks so good! I'll be on the first flight down 🙂

@Christine615 Hey girlfriend, come on down.  The doors open!  Miss chatting with you and the other awesome folks.

Blessings

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Clara116 @Christine615 We're having a CC social next week, stay tuned!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines