Airbnb Open LA Early Bird Registration Opens Today!

Clément4
Level 3
Dublin, Ireland

Airbnb Open LA Early Bird Registration Opens Today!

Your hospitality is making the world more welcoming and inspiring, and we want to celebrate you! Please join us November 17-19 in Los Angeles for Airbnb Open LA, our largest community gathering ever and the premier global festival of hosting.

At Airbnb Open LA, you’ll get a preview of new ways to expand your hosting by sharing your talents and your neighborhood with guests. You’ll get inspiration from world-class talks by hospitality experts and leaders from Airbnb. You’ll enjoy the some of the best food, architecture, art, and music that Los Angeles has to offer. You’ll share stories and make connections with fellow hosts from more than 100 countries.

Early bird registration opens today! Don’t miss your chance to purchase discounted passes for this historic event where Airbnb will unveil new ways for you to host.

Clément

78 Replies 78
Nishan0
Level 2
Colombo, Sri Lanka

I got a question for you.

I am planing to attend the Airbnb Open LA, and I am a Sri Lankan. i would like to know if the registration fee is refundable if I failed get the visa to travel and what support or document will be given by Airbnb for visa assistance?

Cheers

Nishan

Laurel7
Level 2
Menlo Park, CA

We've known for months it would be in LA. We've bought our tix for AO16 including the Bélo Awards. But when will they announce the venue? LA is immense, with very long drive times, so will be vital to know the venue before booking reservations!

@Laurel7

The Theaters are all located in Downtown LA ! 

So I would believe that any other meeting places would also be in the same location .

LA is a very large city , so if you are looking to book rooms, there are many available as of today in the downtown area . 

Try looking at where the theaters are located . A rental car would be nice if you plan on driving around the rest of LA 

as the Metro service doesn't serve all areas and can take a long time to cross town . 

Cathryn1
Level 4
Wollongong, Australia

I have booked flights, Open tickets and accommodation and I am excited.  

Looking forward to seeing how the locals enjoy LA.  My husband and I visited LA in 2013 as tourists so now I look forward to being a LOCAL!

Cheers

Cathryn

Yasmin2
Level 7
West Ballina, Australia

Hello, I just booked today ! this will be my first visit to LA and the USA,  I love to travel with a purpose and passionate about Hosting and meeting and hanging out with one big extended family .

Is anyone else traveling from Byron Bay Australia ?

In Joy 

Yasmin

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

It is really exciting to see many of you already have your AO16 tickets. It is going to be a fantastic few days.

I just wanted to come back to a few of your questions. The AO team are busy working away, so I have been in touch to get a few responses. 

I know many of you want to know a little more about the location, as @Gina32 and @Mary95 mentioned here, the Open will take place in 4 historic movie palaces in Downtown LA: the Orpheum, the Los Angeles Theatre, the Downtown Palace Theatre and the Theatre at Ace Hotel. I thought it might be handy to add a little bit of geography to this, these theatres are all very close to one another and are all based on the same street, so within close walking distance.

@Joseph0 you asked about the keynote sessions, these will be based on a first come served basis, however we are confident attendees will be able to join the sessions they choose. *

Gina, you mentioned you haven't received your confirmation notification, if it hasn't arrived and it's not in your spam filter, just to put your mind at rest I would recommend contact open@airbnb.com and they can look into this for you. 

More information will be provided as we lead up to the Open in November, particularly around September time. So watch this space! We will of course keep you all updated here in the CC.

Those of you who have already got your tickets, the exciting part now starts...planning your whole trip! Is anyone planning on making it into a larger trip? Perhaps making a detour? I can't wait to hear 🙂

Lizzie

[*Text has been updated here]

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

HI, Lizzie!

Yes, I am one of the hosts (who was also in Paris) that will arrive a few days later, and stand one day more. I would really like to know as soon as possible, pretty please, what is going to happen in the Open Houses & Neighborhood Explorations on 17th afternoon, that is which activities and at which cost.

Best wishes from Salamanca, Spain

While I was unable to attend Paris, the first open in San Francisco was awesome, so I expect LA to be even better. Got tickets and housing, speaking of which ... I booked a place smack in the middle of the four venues. I'm solo, but the place holds 5 people. They have a queen bed and two twins. Assuming I'll take the queen, let me know if someone is interested in sharing costs by using the twin beds. Contact me at [email hidden] (I hope this comes through) 

Safe travels everyone from around the Globe. 

Joyfully

Peter 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Anonymous,

Lovely to meet you. It's so exciting to hear you are going to the Open in November and it sounds like you are all ready to go with both your tickets and accomodation all sorted. Will you be making it into a larger trip and tagging on a few extra days? 🙂

I thought in case you haven't come across this already, there have been a few other people here in this AO board discussing sharing accomodation which might be worth exploring further. Take a look at these two threads, Shared Penthouse and We just got two tickets. 🙂

Also, for safety reasons, I'm afraid as you post is publicly visible I have had to remove your email address from your post. However, we do have a Direct Message function here in the CC which I would recommend for speaking with one another about more private detailed information like this. To do this click on the profile image of the person you want to send a message to and click on 'Send Message' (see image), this will then enable you to send a direct message to that host which will arrive in their email box.

DM Function

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing more about your plans.

Lizzie 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie having trouble direct messaging. I don't get any menu when I click on someone's photo. 

@Lizzie @Natasha0 I also don't get the option of direct email/messaging when I click on a photo. How do you get this to work? 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Natasha20 and @Dennis-And-Gwen0,

Lovely to meet you. Aw this is strange. What might work is to double-check you are logged in, as if not it will not display properly. Please can you try logging out of the CC and then back in again, returning to this thread and trying to click it again. 

Let me know if this doesn't work and I will look into it further. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Did not work 😞 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for checking this @Natasha20. I have just sent this over to our tech team to investigate further, hopefully you will be up and Direct Messaging other hosts shortly. 🙂

Just to add DM is only enabled for hosts with an active listing, to message each other. I know you are included in this, but I just thought it is good to know. 

I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

try to hover your mouse onto the profile picture of the person you want to message and it should pop up!Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 7.56.33 PM.png