Airbnb Payouts PAUSED! More than $100K WITHHELD!

Ariana42
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Airbnb Payouts PAUSED! More than $100K WITHHELD!

Airbnb has not paid out on any of my reservations since September 20, 2022.

I have over $100,000 of payouts that are being withheld.

Airbnb initially wanted me to clarify my business relationship with my management clients and partners. I responded back in the messages and did not receive a response back. Then without notice, I received a message saying my payouts are paused.

I have called Airbnb almost every single day and have not received any sort of solution nor have I made any progress.

Who else is having this problem?

Can ANYONE from Airbnb help me get this sorted out? This is absolutely insane! You are treating your hosts who are pulling multiple 7 figure revenues like they don't even matter.

39 Replies 39
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Ariana42 What was your response? I hope it was very, very detailed with documentation of your relationship with management company.  It takes time to investigate. Also, $100K is a lot of money. Is this for one month or several months? If several months, why did you not question the non-payouts earlier? 

@Gwen386 They simply asked for my business relationship with the payout accounts listed on my account. I explained that they are my management clients and payouts are split and routed straight to my clients and my company. They did not request any documentation to verify these business relationships. I was not asked to clarify or explain any further. In fact, after that explanation, I was provided with no response. I messaged and called them everyday with no response back and Airbnb Support Ambassadors promising a call back within 24 hours but nothing returned. Every support ambassador escalates the case as "high priority" and transfers it to their "supervisor" or "payout department" but no one ever returns back with anything helpful. 

To take matter into my own hands, I deleted all other payout accounts except my company accounts in hopes that it would alleviate their "investigation". However, my payouts still remain paused with no update provided. 

I continue to host guests and my withheld payouts are increasing substantially everyday. 

@Gwen0  To answer your question, over $100,000.00 of paused payouts in 2 weeks. I've called and messaged everyday since the pause. It's been over 3 weeks now and still nothing.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Ariana42 

Thanks for making us aware of this.

I've passed the detail you've provided over to Airbnb to try and get you some help with this.  If I hear anything back, I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Jenny 

Thank you for your response. Is there anything that can be done to get to the bottom of this? I have spoken to countless Support Ambassadors and everyone has told me that someone will get back to me, but I've heard nothing but crickets. I have provided all documents that were requested in a timely manner. However, they claimed I did not provide information as requested (which is false), and paused my payouts unilaterally without further explanation.

I am beginning to worry that Airbnb is using certain issues as a "reason" to pause host payouts to show a favourable cash amount on their balance sheets. September 2022 was end of Q3, and as they are a publicly traded company, showing favourable numbers to the public is key. Everyone knows that travel demand is slowing down due to the recession. What better way to inflate the balance sheets by pausing host payouts and keeping them temporarily as an I interest free loan? 

I could be wrong, but this could be a repeat of 2020 where they pulled a similar stunt. Imagine the news headlines if this proves to be true.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ariana42, just following up on this. I was informed that someone from the team should reach out to you requesting the needed documentation. I'll let you know if I hear of any changes. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

PLEASE Quincy stop saying this when you know your team is lacking. No one is responding in the threads. We have been waiting over 26 days, and $30,000 not received yet. We are verified and submitted all the documentation, so what is the excuse with us?

Errol36
Level 2
Nassau, The Bahamas

Good morning I’m going through the same issue. I’m now owed more than $13,000.00 for hosting 13 groups over the past four weeks and continue to get the run around from airbnb representatives. They keep telling me that it has been listed as high priority and being addressed by their compliance department. None of the reps seem to know what going on. I’m continuously hosting groups every other day and my payouts are increasing exponentially. 

@Errol36 Sorry to hear you're going through the same thing. Was there anything Airbnb requested before they paused your payouts? 

Hi i started having the same problem also in September.  I am now owed over £20 000 and its rising everyday because i have lots of bookings.  They asked me the same questions but then the thread went quiet. I have called multiple times and started multiple threads but to know avail. Im starting to consider getting a lawyer. 

We are considering a lawyer too!

It has been now 25 days that Airbnb has had my payouts on hold for over $20,000. From September 30 up today. I have made 8 international calls from Aruba and spoken to 6 different Super host Ambassadors, and no one could help me. 25 days no money, 25 days that Guests have slept in our rooms, apartments, and Villas, using our linen, our towels, our air-conditioning, facilities, water, and electricity. We got employees to pay, and no Manager or upper Management of Airbnb has the decency to give me as a Super host a call to sort this out. My Account is Verified, and I have supplied all the required other documents. Supervisors are attending the call, but no upper management is reaching out to fix this. We have future bookings up to May 2023 already and they are playing Bank with our money. Who knows what else can be done and what number can be called besides the Superhost phone number?    Are we the only ones dealing with this issue? How can Airbnb charge the credit card of a Guest we are not getting paid even though the Guests stayed already. 26 days in 42 listings. 

Hi Roxanne,

I am definitely going through the same thing. My payouts have been paused since sep 5th 2022, I’ve hosted 23 groups since then and airbnb now owes me $28,522.08. I have bookings into sep 2023 and provided them with all documentation they asked for.

It’s all one big game they’re playing with that vague response “our specialized team is working on it”. At this point I don’t think any team is working on anything. Truly feel that it’s just a stall tactic for reasons they don’t want to disclose. After hosting Thousands of groups for the past 7 years this is very disappointing.

Hi Roxanne i am having the same issue. It's funny how they can't even tell you why your account was paused. i have never had this happen and have multiple properties online. My payout is over two weeks late and counting with reservations still coming daily that i seriously have to consider if its worth the risk not knowing if the payout will every come. The help from airbnb has been as awful as i can ever remember this company seems to be going downhill which isn't surprising given that the company is withholding so many hosts payments. What use is customer service if they can't do anything but make notes!?!? how can the only number provided for assistance can't properly do their job, and provide useful information! stop giving us the run around!

RobandJen0
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

Going through the same thing they owe us $196k