Airbnb legal notice

Answered!

Airbnb legal notice

I got some strange email saying that there was so legal action to be taken against me from Airbnb. I have not violated any laws or policies regarding Airbnb. I wanted you to be aware of this weird email toward me. 

1 Best Answer

I got a formal email from airbnb stating that my account was fine and the email I previously sent was fraudulent. I didn't engage with the first one sent and did not open links. I should be good. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Are you sure it's from Airbnb and not a scam @Zoe492 

I'm sure it's a scam. It mentioned the US State Department which makes no sense. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Zoe492 ! Adding to the conversation, there's an article from Airbnb that elaborates on : How do I know if an email or website is really from Airbnb? 

Would you mind sharing the email address from which you received the email? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I got a formal email from airbnb stating that my account was fine and the email I previously sent was fraudulent. I didn't engage with the first one sent and did not open links. I should be good. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Zoe492 Gotta be a scam - Just beware clicking any links in the email. Also check the sender - Doubt its an Airbnb email address.

Yupper. I'm sure. They mentioned the US State Department trying to get data on me from airbnb.