Challenges from Town Boards

Answered!

Challenges from Town Boards

My Town is taking a very aggressive posture towards Air B&B's and I am concerned they will either outlaw or alter the model so severely it will force me to leave the business. What can be done? Does Air B&B offer legal support? How have other communities successfully fought these types of challenges to their business model?

Thanks,

David

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @David10117 

How are you doing and did you manage to get any information about it?

As Community Center is more of a global forum, it might be a bit difficult to get in touch with regional hosts.

If you are still looking for advice, I would recommend getting in touch with local hosts through our Local Host group from your region here.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @David10117 

How are you doing and did you manage to get any information about it?

As Community Center is more of a global forum, it might be a bit difficult to get in touch with regional hosts.

If you are still looking for advice, I would recommend getting in touch with local hosts through our Local Host group from your region here.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

You need to join a local or state grass roots effort. In AZ we have AZRT- Arizonans for responsible tourism. And if/when licensing becomes a requirement you will need to comply. Not everyone will want to pay the fee, be able to pass the inspection, or want to do all the required steps to obtain the license. so in the end less listings in your town means less competition for you. It will all work out.