Clarification needed on Earnings Feature

Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Clarification needed on Earnings Feature

Hello hosts,

I tried to use the earnings feature, and I am sorry to report that it doesn’t work for me.
Let me use a theoretical example: let’s say that on the last day of a month (May), there is a check-in for 11 days, with 1 day in May and 10 days in June. The earnings are recorded in May. Consequently, the June report shows 10 days booked with zero earnings.

This way of presenting data is good for bookkeeping but doesn’t allow hosts to understand the actual earnings per month based on nightly occupancy. 

What I would like to know is how much I earned each month based on activity, not based on the transaction date. For example, I would like to know that from that reservation, I earned X in May for 1 night and Y in June for 10 nights.

This would give a real understanding of how much hosts earn each month.

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Guy991 Just keep your own spreadsheet and then you can analyse it any way you want. As we head towards quarterly returns to the UK tax office I am sure we will have to get much stricter on when we recognise revenue but suspect this may vary country by country so there is no way I would expect Airbnb to supply the data to me.