Delete a Listing (Deactivate): A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Delete a Listing (Deactivate): A Community Help Guide

-----------------Updated June 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view.

------------------------------------------------------------

Some hosts wish to permanently delete one of their listing for several reasons which may include they sold the property, created it by mistake or they are just choosing not to rent it out any longer.  If you wish to permanently remove a listing from your account, follow the instructions below.

Here is how you deactivate your listing permanently:

manage listing.png

Choose the listing you want to delete and then choose "Manage Listing and Calendar".

manage listing 1.png

You can permanently deactivate your listing by going to "Basics" under the listing section of the left hand menu.  The scroll down and find the red link that says "deactivate this listing".

deactivate.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

42 Replies 42

It's still at the bottom of the Basics section. 

"If you wish, you can permanently deactivate this listing."

Maricar-And-Ricardo0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Perfect, it worked a dream, thanks... finally deleted those duplicate listings!

Ravi8
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

Hi ,

I am trying to delete the listing permanently, however when  try to do so it says you have a reservation so you cannot delete this listing permanently. but i had my last reservation on the listing on 11th mar 2017. Any input why its not allowing me to delete as there are no upcoming reservation on that listing.

Thanks,

Ravi

@Ravi8 Most likely because, for the most part, Airbnb considers a reservation really over about 2 weeks after the conclusion of the reservation, just to be sure there aren't any refunds, Resolution Center disputes, Guest Refund Policy issues and the like.  I would recommend trying to "De-List" your listing after that period of time.  

Melissa229
Level 2
Burlington, VT

If I just deactivate now, what happens to any future reservations that we have over a month out? Our insurance has not worked out and we can't risk it. But also don't want to get charge 50 bucks for every cancellation. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

I'm trying to deactivate a listing. The 'basics menu' all the instructions refer to (thanks for the screen shots, that was more helpful) just isn't there when I go to the calendar and manage listings. I really find this website to be so awkward and counter intuitive for pretty much everything. Pretty but badly designed

I'm trying to deactivate a listing. The 'basics menu' all the instructions refer to (thanks for the screen shots, that was more helpful) just isn't there when I go to the calendar and manage listings. I really find this website to be so awkward and counter intuitive for pretty much everything. Pretty but badly designed

Actually looking at this again - when I go to 'Manage Listings' - under my listing there is NOT a link saying 'manage listing and calendar'; there is a button gsaying 'Manage listing' and another one saying 'Calendar'. If I clink on Calendar, it gives me just a calendar, no menu on the left side, no anything at all on the left side.

WHY CAN"T WE SEARCH A SITEMAP FOR THIS SITE??

Hi @Jacqui47,

Here is the new guide which should be updated on this list soon: 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Delete-a-Listing-Deactivate-A-Community-Help-Guid...

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks for posting the updated instructions. It's weird to me that Airbnb would not have the correct instructions on their own site! And also that it would not just be really clear and obvious how to do these things so that in fact instructions are not necessary. But anyway, thanks so much for adding and tagging me

Hi @Jacqui47,

I believe the reason they have not changed their instructions is because not everyone has the new layout.  

David

Betty71
Level 2
Port Charlotte, FL

I created 2 listings by mistake.  how can I delete one.  I cannot find a place to click on manage listing and calendar.  they are separated and I cant find basics.

Hi @Betty71,

Have you taken a look at this updated guide which I posted on Sunday?

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Delete-a-Listing-Deactivate-A-Community-Help-Guid...

David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your participation here. I just wanted to let you know that there is now an updated version of this Community Guide, click here to view.

I will now close this topic for new posts. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.