Feature to show what amenities aren't included in a listing

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

Feature to show what amenities aren't included in a listing

Is there an amenity that guest didn't realize was included in your listing? 

Would  it be a good idea to have some amenities guest overlooked to have a strikethrough through them so they would know its not included?

̶S̶t̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶

For me its the stove. Despite plastering it all over my listing there is no stove some guest still don't notice it. One recent guest who was new to AirBnB claimed frustration as it was simply not listed. So they had already contacted customer support. I reminded them I included the info in as many places as I could in the listing: in the description; in the caption of the picture of the kitchen, without being rude, as I don't think its the guest fault. And he had a good point. If something simply isn't there in the amenities they probably won't realize its missing. 

Host can see the list of what they have included and what they have marked and unmarked. Maybe a separate list of things host can check that aren't included? For example a listing might not have private parking space.

̶O̶f̶f̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶e̶e̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶

The Kitchen option check mark could also have a drop down to be more specific of what's included and not. Like Wifi has an option to include how fast it is. 

Mircrowave 
Coffee Maker
Toaster oven
Fridge
̶o̶v̶e̶n̶
̶c̶o̶o̶k̶t̶o̶p̶

That's what 95% of my guest use anyway. 

Another might be cable TV. If its simply not there guest might not realize it. I have it but other host have mentioned they are getting marked down because they are experiencing different guest post pandemic, with different expectations, because hotels are all booked.  

̶c̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶v̶

Any other things your guest might have missed? During our "Host Talk" zoom meeting this morning @Stephanie also suggested some kind of pup our or reminder for guest just before confirming the reservation to include important things like if the listing had flights of stairs or something very important. That reminded me of including what's not included in the amenities as that came several weeks ago. This wasn't the most important issue mentioned during the discussion and a bit off topic of reviews but others thought it would make a good topic. 

@Emilia42 

16 Replies 16
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I agree with the strike through suggestion and while I don't think it will be a total solution to guest expectation/listing alignment, it is another helpful tool.  Still, nothing is better than host communication about the unique aspects of their listing.

@Linda108 

Exactly! It would just be another tool. Even if it just helps 3% that could be an improvement for 5 guest per year for a listing.