Getting listing closed

Getting listing closed

After 10 years, I'm ready to quit hosting, due to extreme, heart-racing anxiety any time I have to deal with with Support Ambassadors.  Unfortunately I still have 2 1/2 months of reservations booked.  Any hot tips for how to get all reservations cancelled, without having to pay out?  I don't mind burning bridges with Airbnb, but don't want tons of cancellation charges.

9 Replies 9

@Emily159Hi Emily, more info please. What is your cancellation policy? Are all these bookings short term (under 30 days)? This topic has been written about recently as well.

Go to Host Circle and read article "Have to cancel 30-day booking 100+ days before check-in". Some useful advice and links to penalty calculations.

Good luck.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

It would be unfair to the guests who booked with you in good faith to cancel their bookings at short notice @Emily159 

Airbnb will charge you cancellation fees in line with their host cancellation policy.

It would be better to snooze your listing so you don't get further bookings and honour the bookings you have if you want to avoid cancellation charges.

What do I have to do to get my listing removed by Airbnb?

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Emily159 

You can click your listing on the listings tab. On the app, go to the settings in the top right corner. The first option is listing status, which you can change to unlisted. 

You will still have the problem of dealing with existing bookings, as the others have mentioned.

I'm done hosting after 10 years but have 2 1/2 months of booked reservations.  I've been suspended for 5 days and now am on my second suspension, 7 days. 

What more do I have to do to get my listing removed by Airbnb?

Don't lecture me on ethics - hosting is severely affecting my mental health and I'm choosing to prioritize that over a few people's vacation plans.

Is there a certain number of host cancellations that can result in permanent removal?  

Anyone had luck cancelling as a host penalty-free due to mental health reasons?

MANY thanks to admin @Paula for reporting my question to Support.  **

**[Content removed inline with the Community Center Guidelines- Please be respectful in your discussions  in Community Center]

Samuel1279
Level 1
Nashville, IN

Hi Emily - Would you be open to Co Hosting opportunities? I'd be happy to help take some weight off your shoulders.