Help with adding Mexican RFC to Listing?

Answered!

Help with adding Mexican RFC to Listing?

Hi all.  I have a few listings in the US and I'm trying to add a listing in Mexico.  I have a CURP and an RFC and I'm trying to add the RFC to my account and cannot.  I have message Airbnb CS and they told me to do the following:

To update RFC, follow the steps below:
1. Go to your Account > Taxes
2. Scroll to your Taxpayer information section
3. Select Add tax info
4. Select Another country/region
5. Add your RFC for Mexico

When I select "Another country/region", I get this message and can do nothing: "Tax info is not available for your country
We’ll let you know when this feature becomes available in the country where you host. Learn more about supported countries."

I have tried the website, the ios app, the android app, and both airbnb.mx and airbnb.com.  CS has not responded since I told them that the step above were not working.  Anyone been able to find a fix?

1 Best Answer

Thanks @Karen3152, your other thread was super helpful on the path to getting an RFC!  Our property manager in Mexico was able to touch base with Airbnb MX and fix the issue.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Christopher1151 , we have a wonderful guide from Host @Karen3152 , where she mentions facing a similar issue with RFC and resolving it with Customer Support :  👉US Citizen with Property in Mexico, Paying Mexican Taxes 👈 Inviting experienced Host @Karen3152 , if she can help us with ideas to get through this issue 🌻 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Karen3152
Level 5
Sacramento, CA

@Christopher1151 Are you trying to add your RFC before you list the property you have in Mexico?  If so, that might be the problem. 

Thanks @Karen3152, your other thread was super helpful on the path to getting an RFC!  Our property manager in Mexico was able to touch base with Airbnb MX and fix the issue.

Glad to hear it! @Christopher1151 

Thanks so much for sharing the update @Christopher1151 and marking it as the best answer 🙂 Did you get to know what was the issue? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines