Management fee

Answered!
Jatinder8
Level 2
New York, NY

Management fee

Hello everyone comma i'm new to this. How much should I charge to manage a property on Airbnb for one of my clients? I'm just going to list and do the bookings, rest cleaning & maintenance The client would be doing it. Please advice, thanks.

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's entirely up to you most cohosts charge a commission plus you would charge for cleaning, laundry etc @Jatinder8 

Depends on services you are offering, charge out rate for the listing, how likely to be booked etc. 

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's entirely up to you most cohosts charge a commission plus you would charge for cleaning, laundry etc @Jatinder8 

Depends on services you are offering, charge out rate for the listing, how likely to be booked etc. 

Thanks Helen,

What's an Average Commission to  Charge?

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

As I have already mentioned in my earlier post it depends on which services you will be offering etc @Jatinder8 

what rates are your competitors charging in your area ? 

I'm trying to find out.

Hi, we can help you manage your property.

How much would you charge?

@Jatinder8 I pay 20% of the booking totals, not the payout, to handle communications with the guests, swing by if they need something and verify the cleaning team schedule. Then I pay an additional gas & mileage + reimbursements for supply items (that I have auto shipped) is late and needs immediate attention and if a repair is required, I pay for that, parts and labor.

I do all of the listing work. ; ))

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Wow that sounds very expensive if you're still managing the listing @Casey366 

Do you take a write off on your taxes for managing the property?

Determining your pricing structure for cohosting services can depend on various factors. Here are some considerations:

1. Commission: Charging a commission based on the rental income is a common approach. This is often a percentage of the total booking amount.

2. Additional Services: If you're providing services such as cleaning, laundry, and other maintenance tasks, you can charge separate fees for these services. Make sure to factor in the time and resources required.

3. Market Rates: Research the local market rates for cohosting services in your area. This can give you an idea of what others are charging and help you stay competitive.

4. Listing Characteristics: Consider the unique features of the property you're cohosting. A property with special amenities or a prime location may justify higher fees.

5. Booking Likelihood: If the property is in high demand and likely to be booked frequently, you might adjust your rates accordingly.

6. Negotiation: Be open to negotiation with property owners. Some may prefer a flat fee structure or a combination of fees and commission.

Ultimately, it's essential to strike a balance between competitive pricing and ensuring that your compensation reflects the value of your services. You may also want to consult with other cohosts or professionals in the industry to gather insights and refine your pricing strategy.

Can you include a management fee when you do your taxes.