Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

375 Replies 375

Its the same answer all around, everybody will nudge someone who can help, but there have not been any help for 3 weeks, despite all the nudging, phonecalls, writings and so on.

This company builds on trust between, guest hosts and most of all airbnb as administrators. Its very critical that when you as a host need help gets ignored or pushed around from one department to another without any clearence or real help.  

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Eline2601 I completely understand the frustration and appreciate your patience! I don't have access to your account myself, but I've heard back from the Payments team who confirmed they are looking into what might be holding this back. If I hear any more news I'll let you know. 

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Vi har samme problem og i samme periode. Min bank siger fejlen ligger hos et firma i Luxembourg som Airbnb har brugt i forbindelse med denne overførsel til min danske konto. Min bank siger at alle andre overførsler er overført via Swedbank i København og de kom til tiden.  Har du modtaget dine penge?

It looks like something fishy is going on at Airbnb but I have no idea what. This is not normal, that money transfers just disappear and no help is available from Airbnb. I have now been waiting for almost 6 weeks and I see that many others have the same problem.

About a month ago I had a blatant Phishing attempt where an email that looked very much like real Airbnb told me my listing was at risk due to low ratings. It had a place to click to "see the report" and when I clicked that it made me log in. After that I instantly freaked out realizing it might be Phishing. Sure enough I checked and the email address was SLIGHTLY different from the ones posted as official FROM emails Airbnb might use.... so I contacted customer service. They were not even remotely worried about this. 

I changed my own password within 7 minutes of using the Phishing email and hopefully saved myself but am still hyper vigilant . The part that freaked me out most was the service agent could not care less about the details.... even though the email sent me to a legit Airbnb URL and site she gave me to report Phishing had an expired SSL certificate.... I was appalled at the lack of interest in what I thought was a sophisticated hacking scheme. Days went by before the agent responded to my comment that her Phishing report website was not even working...she told me to click past the expired SSL warning that was it

Hi Eline,

were you ever paid? I’m now owed 20k plus for hosting 18 groups over the past 5-6 weeks and have gotten the run around from airbnb reps ever since.

regards

errol 

Ναταλία1
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hi everyone, did any of you got paid after all?

Until today I trusted Airbnb. But since they withhold my payment of a past guest because her account was hacked and it looked like she never came -she appears on the cancelled reservations- I stop trusting them. I explained to them that  a closer look at the airbnb messaging chat box, or the review that the customer left me, should convince the representatives I was trying all day to communicate, that these money belong to me and under no circumstances should they withhold the payment. 

I talked to at least 3 ambassadors and every time I had to tell the story, they did not seem to understand or care. Of course they told me to be patient - I believe until they close the case of course. I definitely have to take legal actions, this has to stop.

Especially now that I read this thread and realised that is a pattern on Airbnb's part.

Sam4611
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Please let me know what do i contact since my payout of 342.99 on Aug 11 never reached my account, customer service has a pretty low IQ when it comes to handling this situation

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Niloo6 @Sam4611 I'm sorry to hear you've both been waiting for some payouts for a little while! I've nudged the team on both of your behalves, and if I get any more news I will let you know here. 🙂

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello @Emilie,

Could you please add my case into this list of cases with missing payouts . I described it in here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/I-haven-t-received-a-payout-for-almost-3-months/m-p/1672... 

Regards

Slawomir 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Slawomir6

I can see my colleague @Sybe's already raised this one with the team for you, and someone is looking into it. They will follow-up directly with you however if we hear anything else we'll let you know of course!

Emilie

-----

Add me also!

Dear @Emilie @Sybe I haven't received any payouts since 21.7! Why are Airbnb withholding our money? What is going on? This is getting very suspicious 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Salah56 I saw my colleague Sybe answered you somewhere else and is helping out already. 🙂

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Rumi50
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I am a new Airbnb host in London, in sheer distress and desperation. I recently hosted guests from 1st - 14th October (they leave today) and I have not yet received a payout. Despite the payout showing as ‘released’ in my Airbnb profile on 2/10/22, no funds have reached my bank account.  

I am disgusted by the terrible level of customer service. No one has bothered to proactively contact me in the last 2 days, apart from a routine ‘we’ll get back to you’ message in response to regular contact that I am making to chase the issue.  Airbnb have a responsibility to communicate with, and pay its hosts on time -appalling!

I’m a busy working mother and rather than obtaining the money which I’ve rightfully earned, I am stressed, harassed, upset and now considering seeking counsel from legal professionals and consumer/regulatory champions.

I’m also highly concerned by the large numbers of posts on the community forum from other hosts in EXACTLY the same position, missing huge sums of money all over the world. I get the sense that withholding funds is some intentional internal Airbnb practice that support staff are trained to uphold??!!  If this is the case this MUST be exposed to a larger global audience! @Emilie thanks for your responses but you are doing the same frustrating thing and just telling us you speak to the team and ‘let us know!”