Missing Payouts! KYC

Missing Payouts! KYC

Dear Community, 

I am not sure if anyone in here can assist, but since 11. December 2022 we have had our payouts suspended due to KYC. They now owe us over 100 000 USD, this is truly effecting our company and we also at the stage where it is effecting staff and salaries etc.

We have been host for 7 years, with 70+ properties, we did some changes to KYC and suddenly we got a message from Airbnb, that they needed a passport from a person that is not related to our company at all, so we needed to fill out KYC again, 10 days went, they needed more passports when it is only possible to upload 1 passport, we screenshot and asked where to upload together with our offical company papers and shareholder list. 

Another about 10 days went with no answer, then they asked to fill out again due to a tech error, we did, again hear nothing.

Talk to customer service more or less everyday on phone and trough messages, they say and write the higher department will soon be in contact with us, and even said will call me within the day (many days) ago. 

I have askes for direct e-mail, phone number, asked if we can fly somewhere for a meeting, they provide 0 information..  Where we can send official letters, just get the San Fransisco department. 

We do know they have a office in Singapore so considering if it is worth visiting them there to see we can solve this? 

The service team is probably doing their best, but this is truly effecting our business. We are thinking if this is even legal? 

This has resulted us having to pause our 70+ properties and trying our best to get bookings trough other channels that do pay.. 

If anyone here in this community have any suggestion on how to get in touch with the right people here i would be grateful, as i am sure this is a 10 min fix if someone in Airbnb just reacted.. 

This is very frustrating and we just want it resolved, HELP!

22 Replies 22
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ryan1814 ,

I cannot promise much here as we are not a part of Customer Support team and don't have tools to look into the delayed payments. But I will reach out to the team that can have a good look at this issue. Meanwhile, have you checked if your KYC information is up-to-date?

I hope this gets resolved for you soon!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Bhumika,

Thanks for messenging back. Yes my kyc info was re-submitted May 2nd. As it's now July 4th, this is taking way to long for some non-contactable, non-responsive team to process. In the mean time I am struggling to stay on business and the lights on for your customers whom I am still hosting with the promise of being paid evenutually. 

Whatever you can do to help I will be grateful for. 

Thanks, 

Ryan

Just to let everyone know my payouts have resumed. Took 2 months 11 days, but everything is back to normal. 

Thanks for your help. 

Hi @Bhumika,

I have been waiting for my KYC approval since May 27th. I've contacted support multiple times, but they haven't resolved the issue. They keep saying my payment will come after KYC approval and that they've sent my case to a special team. How much longer will this take? What can I do to speed things up? I understand the importance of KYC, but the delay is causing financial problems. Can you help me find a solution? Thank you.

John7635
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi Sybe, I'm having a similar situation with my payment being held and it's very frustrating and it is effecting me financially. I have been in contact with the support team almost every day but their response is just to wait and they are being inconsistent. They say it's KYC or technic issue, related but no body has told me how to get the KYC fixed. Could you please assist me with matter. Thank you.

I am also having this issue. I’ve been a super host for over 5 years and never encountered such an issue - so very very disappointed . It’s been one month since we have received a payment, now close to $15000. We have filled out the forms twice now and still getting the same robotic response from the customer service team. KYC issue. I’m not sure how to get a response from the compliance team as I’m told they are not customer facing. I’m maxed out on credit card and getting charged interest just to run the property for our guests so I’m completely over it. Caught between a rock and a hard place - is there anyone that can help !? I’m so frustrated !

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Lazudi0 

I live in Phuket, and you are the second person this week I have seen who airbnb owes over $100k and that is a lot of money in Thailand. 

I have to ask you the question: why did you let it get to that stage? I would not be letting another AirBnB guest cross the doorstep. 

Please keep us informed 

Hi Sudsrung,

A couple of reasons it has gone this far, the first is we have 70+ properties, all the bookings (as this include xmas and new year period) was booked long time ago from the guests, so 2 things would have happen if start to cancel this right before xmas (they stopped out payouts 11. December 2022)..

1. We might ruin a dream vacation for families who have planned this for long time since Covid started.. And that would not make us feel very good..

2. As Airbnb says, if we cancel we have to pay penalties to Airbnb even if Airbnb dont pay us.. And they still say that as pr last week as i said we might consider cancelling all future bookings as we dont get paid anyway (And we have alot of them), it was then clearly stated that we would have to pay penalties on each and everyone of the ones we cancel. 

So again, we are stuck, and also if we dont take the Airbnb bookings we are not doing a great job toward the house owners we manage the villas for, and also then even more staff is in danger of loosing their jobs.. 

And we have been a host for 7 years now, and this should be a easy 10 min fix for Airbnb, and if there is something wrong just tell us as we fix it.. It is the lack of communication from their part (or the higher department as they call it) that frustrates that cant even get in touch with them.. Customer service is probably doing as good as they can, and me calling them every second to third day does not seem to help, but i need try..

Will let you know as soon as it is all resolved..