Occupancy tax

Pam353
Level 2
Pigeon Forge, TN

Occupancy tax

I am a property manager for 8 properties that I have under my one account. I am having issues with occupancy tax collection and distribution. I have chosen to have Airbnb collect the tax from the guest and have my owners pay the tax themselves to the appropriate government institution. The reservation amount was being distributed to the owners bank account but the tax was going to a default account which I finally set up for me. Even when I finally figured out that I had to set up a new taxpayer and assign a bank account to have it distributed to for each owner they are still depositing random tax to my default account. This is getting really annoying and makes me look bad in front of my owners by having to refund them the tax amount that should have been deposited into their bank account. Not to mention my bookkeeping cost to have this figured out every month. 

Has anyone else had this issue ? If so how can I resolve it. I am not able to reach a live person to discuss this issue and if I do they haven't a clue about how to fix it. 

2 Replies 2
Eugene13
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Yes! This is a Major issue. I am having same problem but if you dig deeper, you will see the issue is in Airbnb’s reporting too and it’s as if they are classifying what should be “Pass Through total” on the “gross earnings” report in transaction history page as reservation payout. Also, the past and future bookings reports are showing multiple reservations lines for same reservation as the taxes are showing up as reservation revenue. Are you seeing this same issue? This has to get fixed ASAP!!

Yuki-and-Charlie0
Level 3
Canmore, Canada

Can anyone tell me if this is still a thing? Are taxes still getting routed to the default payout account? This has been an issue for me since I started hosting years ago.