Payout Delay, Missing Transaction

Mary866
Level 3
Milwaukee, WI

Payout Delay, Missing Transaction

I'm calling it a delay but it's been four days since my last guest checked in and I have received no payment from Airbnb and still no email indicating that a payout was sent.  This is very unusual because Airbnb always has notified me at the end of  Day 1 after check-in to let me know that a payment has been sent.  I checked my transactions page and the reservation was oddly missing.  It was not in the completed payments column nor in the upcoming payments column.  There is no 'pending column' where I hope my transaction is hiding. I called Airbnb customer service on Day 2 after check-in to see if there was some kind of problem or hold on the payout and the representative told me that there was no problem, that the payment was supposed to be sent but for some unexplainable reason, wasn't.  She advised me to wait a couple of days to see if anything happens.  I've been monitoring my deposit account daily to see if there has been any deposits from Airbnb - there are none. And still no email from Airbnb even after my guests have checked out.  

I'm fortunate that my bookings have picked up again after the devastating cancellations in March thru June, none of which qualified for relief funds.  Now I'm becoming concerned that Airbnb may be having financial troubles, as predicted early in the Coronavirus outbrea, and can't pay make the prompt payments that we rely on.  After absorbing nearly $10,000 in lost bookings this Spring, I really depend on those timely payments for my damage control plan.  An interesting note:  I did online searches for 'Airbnb financial trouble' and found many articles from March and April, but none, yes none, that are more recent than early June.  

Have any other hosts experienced this delay, or non-payment?  I'd appreciate your feedback.

117 Replies 117

At the present time I plan to contact my reservations one at a time, and explaining to guests that Airbnb has stopped sending payouts to their hosts and that I simply cannot take on any more stays until I am paid in full.  I am asking my guests to contact Airbnb directly to cancel their reservations and complain to them about the problem.

This accomplishes several things - it allows Airbnb the opportunity to make it right ASAP, increases the pressure on them by expanding their exposure, and keeps future bookings in place in the event that Airbnb does indeed come through.  I know it's a long shot, but I believe that if hosts cancel all of our bookings at once, there will be no opportunity for them to save face and issue retroactive payouts.... I can only imagine what it must be like to be working there right now.

Same thing here

Please,tell us when and how we will get the missing money.  Your answer is no better than the automatic ones from the bots.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here - please remember to use the @ to tag people if you are replying to something directly, as this means we get a notification and can get back to you quicker 😊

As far as I am aware the technical issue has now been resolved, and so payments should be going through to catch up with those missed. See my colleague Lizzie's update here.

I'm so sorry that you had to experience these delays, and I appreciate that Support were reliant on the issue being fixed and so weren't able to give much of an update when you first got in touch with them. However, it's important that you do reach out to them if you have an issue at all, as this is how things get highlighted and resolved, even if this takes a little longer than usual.

If anyone is still seeing any abnormalities then please do let me know.

@Maya415 @Anthony1148 @Mary866 @John4855 

Hello

I have been a suoerhost since 2016 and now have 10 homes. I have not received a very large payout and can not seem to get anywhere calling in. Could you please guide me on how I can get through to the payments department.

There is something really wrong happenig here.

This girl called Katie just wrote me saying:

'...My advice would be to speak with the team and then fingers crossed they can help you get to the bottom of this, as I haven't seen anyone else with this same issue yet, so it could be something very specific going on. "

It is clearly untruth.

Brandon473
Level 2
Nashua, NH

I agree that support has been extremely unhelpful with rectifying the issues. It is now 5 days since check in and still no payment on my end. I am considering contacting the guest to make them aware that they have paid Airbnb and payment has not been remitted.

@Brandon473 This is how I was finally able to get paid, I had my guests jack up Airbnb since I was being ignored by Airbnb support. It’s a sad day when Airbnb destroys trust with both host and guest! 

@Karen1332 I gave another call in yesterday evening and noted that I would be informing the guest that even though Airbnb had received their payment I had received nothing. Within the hour I received notice that the payment had been sent. I have yet to see it in my account just yet but its strange that when I say I am going to involve the guest the problem is then solved.

@Brandon473   Yay! I’m glad you got results! I already informed my next guests that are set to check in today of the issues with host not getting paid and asked them if I need their assistance to get paid I will not hesitate to ask. They were more than willing and already told me they would help. They told me they were already charged in full for their stay. 

Cheryl657
Level 2
Fort Wayne, IN

I am having the same problems!!

Planning to contact the guests and send them money request for theirs not paid  stay. Still no help from Airbnb.

I have the same issue. The guest stayed July 16-19. The payout is not listed anywhere in the transaction history. I have been a host for 2 years and have never had this problem. I talked to an Airbnb representative and got a few conflicting reasons but also was told it was a glitch. He told me to wait for 7 more days. I am also concerned about taking my next guest. I believe Airbnb owes us an official explanation and timeline for a resolution if they want us to have confidence in the platform. I think as many of us who are willing should take to social media to expedite a response from Airbnb. Like you, I cannot afford to take another reservation for free.

Update: email confirmation and the payout in the transaction both appeared 3 hours after talking to an Airbnb rep and posting on this forum today. Hopefully the same is happening for all you also owed payouts.

Matt-And-Ashley1
Level 2
Wilmington, NC

I was in agreement with Airbnb requiring that cancellations due to COVID receive a full refund. We are hosts as well as travelers and see the Airbnb platform as a community.  We also did not receive any of the 25% cancellation funds Airbnb was supposed to send out.  Ok with that as well.  

I am not ok with the hiding and holding of rents.  Not ok with “no reply”, dodgy communication tactics, Not ok with Airbnb using guests rents at their own discretion.  

We pay fees to Airbnb for a service they are supposed to provide.  Advertise and process payments.  At this time the company has failed on half of our agreement and has provided zero communication on how it will be resolved.  Unacceptable and Fraudulent.