Persistent Unread message iOS app

Matthias-and-Luc0
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Persistent Unread message iOS app

The persistent 1 unread message icon appears on my iPhone and iPad Airbnb app. However, there are no unread messages, requests or any other. I’ve reinstalled the app (with reboots), tried the desktop site on my laptop (no unread messages), tried dashboard clicking all X away, tried guest mode,... No success. I’ve had this before, about a year ago, and this had to be solved by tech support and took over a month. Anyone else having this too? Ideas how to fix this other than contacting support?

9 Replies 9
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Matthias-and-Luc0 

@Quincy @Bhumika

Yes, it’s really frustrating, and I was about to bring it up too. I think it might be related to the message about updating information by February 2025. Hopefully, they won’t leave the ‘1 unread message’ icon there for that long because it’s already getting annoying. I really hope it’s resolved soon!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Guy991 , thank you for tagging us here. Would you or @Matthias-and-Luc0 be able to share the video recording demonstrating the issue? Have you both read the "notification about updating information by Feb 2025" yet?

It would be great if you could try reading the notification and then also follow the basic troubleshooting steps to see if it's been solved : 

• Log out (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Close all browser windows/tabs (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Open ONE new window (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Clear cache and cookies and browser history (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Delete & re-install app (if applicable)

Please keep me posted! Thank you 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

hi Bhumika,

I've read the notification about updating info before Feb 17. There are no open issues under this notification. 
For the rest: followed all steps, but nu success.

I have screen recording I can send to you. 

Best, Matthias

Thanks so much for checking @Matthias-and-Luc0! I received your DM with the video link. I hope to pass it forward to the tech team for further review.

Thanks again @Matthias-and-Luc0 @Guy991 🌻

-----

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Bhumika 

I have it too and have checked and double checked the info but it's still there.  Pesky little thing😉

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing @Joelle43 ! I'll pass it forward to team as well for you 🌻

Haha, if there was a notification that appeared out of nowhere, I would have been bothered too 😝 Happened to me once while using another platform, and my compulsive brain tried using all the methods without any avail.

I had tried reading each and every notification again just in case, that helped eventually resolve it 😐 Haha, I was so happy once it was gone 😌

-----

Hello @Matthias-and-Luc0 ,

By the way, have you ever started an experience and didn’t finish it? I did, and I see one notification on the web version related to that experience. It might be connected to it, but I’m not sure.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Guy991 , does this mean you managed to get rid of that one unread notification? 👀

(Btw, are you starting an experience on Airbnb😍, excited to read more about it)

-----

I haven’t started any experiences… just double checked but there is nothing there.