Property in LLC - need business account?

Casey221
Level 2
Tuscaloosa, AL

Property in LLC - need business account?

Hi! I’m new to hosting and am getting ready to list my first property. The property is held in an LLC (that I am a partner in) so all payments will go directly to the LLC’s bank account. My question is, do I need to create a separate business account with Airbnb to list this property, or can I just list it under my existing personal account as long as the EIN on file is for the LLC and the money goes straight to the LLC bank account. Appreciate hearing from anyone who’s done this already. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

@Casey221 
Open a separate account. Operate the Airbnb as a business. Pay all of its bills, expenses and pay yourself out of the business checking account.  There should be no collusion.

@Tim-and-Holly0 What did you end up doing? Create a separate business account or list under your existing personal account with the EIN? I'm not sure you have to set up a separate business account as mentioned above after seeing this: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2231/how-do-i-join-airbnb-as-a-company-or-manage-company-info-on...

@Wendy1168:
All my properties are in their respective LLCs with separate EIN and checking accounts for liability purposes. All bills and my salary are paid out of the business checking account. While it is not foolproof, an LLC should offer some protection and shield  the plaintiff from seizing/selling all of your personal assets to satisfy a judgment against you. You may lose the listing property, but your personal home should be protected.

As a side note, make sure you purchase short term rental insurance as neither homeowners or normal landlord insurance will cover you or your property in the event of damage or suit caused by a short term renter.

Hi Holly

My name is Rachel D’leon. I’m thinking of hosting one of my rentals near Cambell and Roger. I was wondering if you would be willing to talk with me about Airbnb business. Please call me at **

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]