Referral Issues

Matthew1655
Level 1
Auburn, AL

Referral Issues

After reading numerous posts about Airbnb giving a host the “runaround” about a referral issue and not paying out; I now think they’re doing the same to me. My father-in-law used my referral link but Airbnb says that he has two accounts, of course the second account that is not finalized is linked to my referral code. However, it’s obvious he used my code and successfully hosted his first guest.

He also has received better support for this issue through the “normal” Airbnb support but since I’m a superhost I get the “superhost” support. The superhost support is garbage in my opinion. I can barely understand the CS agent through a heavy accent, they’re heavily restricted on any help they can provide, they call at 3am Central time, and seemingly cannot resolve a very simple error. This is not a complex issue, which is concerning to me that if a more serious issue does arise, what kind of support I can expect to receive. I wish I could just go back to their normal support people, I never had issues with them. Any one else have issues with the special super host support? Maybe it’s time to go to a different hosting platform.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Matthew1655 I believe the referral rules do not allow payments to related people. Not sure how related is defined though.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Airbnb says people can't have two accounts . Why did he set two accounts @Matthew1655 

He didn’t. He changed his email during the sign up process and somehow it assigned two accounts for him. The changing of the email is probably where the “two accounts” came from.