Short Term Rentals in Las Vegas

Megan223
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Short Term Rentals in Las Vegas

Hi, all. 

I am a siuperhost in San Diego and have a friend that is looking at a property in Las Vegas to use mostly as a short term rental listing. He may want me to cohost the property for him so I am doing some reasearch. I looks like there were strict short term rental local laws in Vegas that were passed in 2018. 

Are there any other super hosts from Las Vegas that can give me a run down or a link I can read about regarding short term rental regs in Vegas?

Thank you much!

-Megan

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Megan223  I should think the onus would be on your friend to research this before investing in property he may be unable to legally rent out. I'd start with Goggle and contact the appropriate dept in Las Vegas to get the actual legal stance. Then if you have questions or are confused, other hosts could clarify. 

Thanks @Sarah977. Of course, I was just helping my friend out as he is not as familiar with short term rentals as I am. Just being a good friend and also I would have some investment in understanding the rules/regs/laws before I agreed to co-host. I am doing my research on all ends, including reaching out to this community. Thanks. Megan

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I agree with Sarah this is something your friend needs to look into before buying anything. Is there not information on Airbnb’s website they normally sumarise regs for each country.

In his situation my starting point would be the relevant local government website to read them through and see if it’s legal for him yo do STR. 

Thanks @helen3. As I mentioned to Sarah, of course my friend will also do his due diligence berfore investing in a property. I was just helping my friend out as he is not as familiar with short term rentals as I am. Just being a good friend and also I would have some investment in understanding the rules/regs/laws before I agreed to co-host. I am doing my research on all ends, including reaching out to this community. Thanks. Megan