Special pricing question

Answered!

Special pricing question

Bom dia all,

I am new to hosting.  I have a possible guest who wants to book the entire month of May.  MY rate is 50 e per night.  I have a 20% monthly discount and a 10% weekly discount set up. He is requesting a better rate.  I can only go as low as the weekly discount which will equal 40% for the month.  If I am correct he will have to book each week separately and he will also receive fees per week from Air bnb rates?  Is this correct?  other suggestions of how I can handle this?

Obrigada!

Danielle Portugal

Top Answer
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Danielle1323  I think your math is wrong?  Let's assume 4 weeks is a month.  The weekly rate is $100 and the monthly rate is $400.  The weekly discount of 10% would mean $90 a week.  Four weeks at $90 a week would be $360.  The monthly discount of 20% would bring the $400 down to $320 for the month.  I.e., four weeks of a 10% discount would not be a 40% discount - it would still be a 10% discount.

You can simply offer him a better monthly discount if that's what you'd like to do.  Figure out what you'd need to cover your costs for the month, add something for profit and something for wear and tear, and go from there.

Once you've agreed, you could send hm a special offer (if that works - I can't remember if it always shows up), or ask him to withdraw the request so that you can re-set the monthly discount, then have him request again.

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Danielle1323  I think your math is wrong?  Let's assume 4 weeks is a month.  The weekly rate is $100 and the monthly rate is $400.  The weekly discount of 10% would mean $90 a week.  Four weeks at $90 a week would be $360.  The monthly discount of 20% would bring the $400 down to $320 for the month.  I.e., four weeks of a 10% discount would not be a 40% discount - it would still be a 10% discount.

You can simply offer him a better monthly discount if that's what you'd like to do.  Figure out what you'd need to cover your costs for the month, add something for profit and something for wear and tear, and go from there.

Once you've agreed, you could send hm a special offer (if that works - I can't remember if it always shows up), or ask him to withdraw the request so that you can re-set the monthly discount, then have him request again.

Thank you Ann.  I see the special offer option in the request.  I was not sure how it worked. Thank you for the verification.

Obrigada

D

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Danielle1323 You are better with a months booking as the long term stay cancellation policy applies .

Also I think the guest fees are slightly reduced for a monthly stay.

You do need to agree what linen/cleaning is included in a long term stay. We offer to change the linen weekly really so we can keep an eye on the place.

Wow, great idea on watching the place!!  What do you charge for Linen change?

Obrigada

D