Tax identification number for non-resident

Tax identification number for non-resident

Hello all!

I recently purchased a property in Krakow, Poland and have listed it on Airbnb.

I am a non-resident (I live in Canada) and need some advice on how I can obtain a Tax Identification Number.

Are there any EU hosts that are non-residents that can help what the process they went through was?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Hi @Amar2511 

I really don't know the process for obtaining a Tax Identification Number (TIN) as a non-resident in Poland, but I was able to look through some resources for you, I hope you find them helpful.

1. Contact Local Tax Office: Start by reaching out to the tax office in Krakow. They can provide you with the specific requirements and forms needed.

2. Gather Required Documents: You’ll likely need your passport, proof of property ownership, and possibly a rental agreement. Check with the tax office for the complete list.

3. Application Form: Complete the necessary application form for obtaining a TIN. This can often be found on the tax office’s website.

4. Submit Your Application: You might need to submit your application in person, by mail, or online. Confirm the preferred submission method with the tax office.

5. Hire a Local Tax Advisor: It can be very helpful to hire a local tax advisor or accountant who is familiar with the process. They can ensure you have all the correct documentation and help navigate any language barriers.

6. Wait for Processing: After submission, there will be a processing period. The tax office can give you an estimate of how long this will take.

Once you have your TIN, you’ll be able to manage your tax obligations for your property in Poland more easily.

You may also look up this link for more useful tips https://www.oecd.org/content/dam/oecd/en/topics/policy-issue-focus/aeoi/poland-tin.pdf

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your Airbnb!

Cheers,